An Intensive 5-day Training Course
MS Excel® Training – from Basic to Advanced
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Excel is omnipresent, every employee working in the office of the company, may it be the head office or the field office has used the spreadsheet software to perform different kind of calculations related to their work. All have created a graphs and charts to represent their data analysis results, their KPI-s, their achievements.
Excel® can provide the company with all the tools necessary to go through the whole Project Management lifecycle, as it can be used for initial data analysis, calculations and forecasts.
After that Excel® can provide the project management tool for planning, monitoring and reporting on achieved KPI-s.
While we are working on the project, Excel® features and models help us optimize the performance solve the difficult optimization problems and provide solutions that will reduce costs and increase productivity, therefore increasing the profit.
Excel® can also be used as audit tool to directly generate reports from the audits done within the organization. And the Excel® use for financial statements development, financial modelling and reporting.
In a nutshell, Excel® can help us through the whole lifecycle of our projects and a day-to-day work. Additional benefit of excel can be achieved through the use of macros and VBA to extend the power of excel beyond the spreadsheet modelling and into the realm of coding and application development.
This highly participative EuroMaTech training course will address all of the major uses of Excel®.
Participants attending this training course will develop the following competencies:
- Advanced data analysis
- Advanced charting
- Using Excel tools and add-ins
- Using pivot charts
- Statistical analysis using the Data Analysis tool
- VBA coding and macro creation to increase the power of spreadsheets
- Creating Monte Carlo simulations, S-curves and probabilistic forecasting
The EuroMaTech training course on Advanced Excel aims to help participants to develop the following critical objectives:
- Gain the knowledge necessary to use Excel in their day-to-day work
- Learn how to filter and graph the data with different tools available in Excel
- Prepare the data and create advanced graphs, dashboards and Infographics
- Understand the advanced concepts of array formulas
- Acquire the knowledge of how to prepare financial statements in excel
- Learn how to perform forecasts, create engineering and financial models
- Understand the concept of interactive spreadsheets
- Learn the concepts used in engineering and finance to apprehend all the inputs to the project
This Excel training course will combine presentations with instructor-guided interactive discussions between participants relating to their individual interests. Practical exercises, video material and case studies aiming at stimulating these discussions and providing maximum benefit to the participants will support the formal presentation sessions. Above all, the course leader will make extensive use of case examples and case studies of issues in which he has been personally involved.
This course will be presented trough a problem-solution approach, where the delegates will be presented with a real-life problem experienced in companies and the solution of the problem with using excel will be developed for a given problem. As the delegates will be working themselves on the problem and solution they will understand the concept of how to problems are broken down into a solvable piece, and the model to present the final solution is built based on the modules that are solving the pieces.
The delegates will be “learning by doing” as the course is designed for them to use the software on the real problems and real data applying each of the techniques themselves. Delivery will be by presentation, group syndicate investigations, training e-manual and interactive seminars, as well as group discussion on the results of the exercises.
This unique EuroMaTech training course on Excel covers all of the elements present in Excel used in wide variety of industries.
The focus of this course is on the actions required to achieve effective and easy to use work environment with excel models that will automate the work. This will include detailed presentation and modelling, showing how excel can be used to perform milliard of calculations in an instant and produce adequate and effective reports with a click of a mouse.
Day 1 - Using Ms Excel Functions and Charts
- Excel® Introduction
- Logic functions
- Text Functions
- Date Functions
- Math Functions
- Nested Functions
- Data Types
- Financial Functions
- ISBLANK, ISNUMBER functions
- Creating the attractive and efficient charts in Excel®
- Selecting the adequate charts
Day 2 - Advancing and Extending Basic Excel® Functionalities
- Paste Special and Transpose
- Formatting data as a table
- Excel Add-Ins
- Advanced filtering and referencing between worksheets and spreadsheets
- Name manager and Data validation
- Data Tables
- Advanced charting methods
Day 3 - Advanced Ms Excel Functions and Pivot Tables
- Use of VLOOKUP () and HLOOKUP ()
- Date functions, YEAR (), MONTH (), DAY (), YEARFRAC ()
- OFFSET and INDIRECT
- Using Data Analysis Tool-Pack
- Array functions
- Pivot Tables
- Pivot Charts
- Calculated fields in Pivot Tables
Day 4 - Optimization, Productivity and Forecasting
- Sensitivity analysis with data tables
- Using Solver to determine the optimal product mix
- Using Solver for supply chain analysis
- Using Solver for financial problems
- Using Solver for tendering process evaluation
- Determining the correlation
- Monte Carlo Simulation using only built in formulas
Day 5 - Visual Basic for Applications for Excel and Macros
- Using VBA in Excel
- Creating and using macros
- Brownian Motion simulation using VBA
- Random Walk simulation using VBA
- Prognosis of Sales with Macro and VBA
- Risk Analysis coding with VBA
- Encrypting Text and Spreadsheet
- Office in the Cloud
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.