An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Material Cataloguing, Specifications and Storage Planning
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
|03 - 07 Jul 2023||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|18 - 22 Dec 2023||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|01 - 05 Jul 2024||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|16 - 20 Dec 2024||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
This unique Material Cataloguing, Specifications & Storage Planning training course is aimed at assisting delegates to develop skills and competence on how to establish and maintain a comprehensive materials and product catalogue to support business and operations covering all operational, maintenance and supporting activities. Skill set on how to ensure timely supply and services of the right products from the right sources will also be covered. Understanding and confidently provide standard product specification in line with approved standards such as API, ASTM, BS, JIS, DIN and other renowned standards.
Delegates would be able to equip themselves on how to categorize and integrate master product catalogue into User’s Parts list of equipment/plant and machineries including production, maintenance and construction materials list. This EuroMaTech training course will also provide delegates on how to effectively maintain records related to products, standards, specifications and certifications to ensure prompt provision of information including statistics and exercises related to master catalogue.
- To review, analyse and classify the stock (inventory) line items for its adequacy and completeness of specification, catalogue group, validity, compliance and its linkage of the user’s requirement.
- Know how to gather and assemble data of non-stock materials (direct purchase materials) from various user divisions / departments
- Able to classify and assign appropriate product group and to integrate with master product catalogue
- To understand how to develop unique product / catalogue identification code / part identifications for all products and services in line with International accepted cataloguing system and procedure to ensure technical and commercial integrity of the product and equipment
- Ability to use Configuration Management Systems
- To appraise standard technical specification, acceptable quality standards and in compliance with global Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management systems
- Know how to assign storage and handling procedure based on the manufacturer’s guidelines
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Any Professionals from the Procurement and Purchasing Department / Team
- Cataloguing Engineers
- Materials Engineers
- Configuration Professionals / Engineers / Specialists
- Material Planners / Equipment and Storage Specialists
- Requirements Specialists / Executives
This Material Cataloguing, Specifications & Storage Planning training course will be delivered by number of short and long class exercises, team working and presentation, video, situation-based case studies, work-based problem solving, awareness of various Materials Management Systems and Configuration Management Systems.
This EuroMaTech training course will review and analyse in depth the Materials Cataloguing, Specification and Storage Planning with sound knowledge of International Standards such as API, ASTM, ANSI, BS, EC, JIS, DIN, SOLAS, DOT and IMDG. Delegates will be equipped with state of art Materials Management System processes and procedures. Participants will also be able to review and process generalization of proprietary materials in order to reduce inventory and storage cost and to provide technical and commercial support on materials specification and catalogue references. Delegates will be better equipped in terms of providing meaningful and effective suggestions for enhancement of Materials Management System. Participants will know how to control, monitor and supervise catalogue review and contribute effectively in clean up data (configuration management of data) in the Material Management Systems.
Day 1: Essentials of Material Cataloguing, Specifications & Storage Planning
- What is a Material Catalogue?
- The Process for Creating a ‘Catalogue’
- Deciding what to catalogue
- How to catalogue materials
- Author information
- Title information
- Series information
- Production details
- Place of Production
- Identify Material for Cataloguing
- Submit Request, Review and Catalogue Item
Day 2: Technical Integrity of the Materials Cataloguing & Storage Planning
- Catalogue Coding Standards
- Maintaining the Materials Catalogue
- Reviewing materials catalogue to ensure it is in the specified templates / format
- Configuration Management Issues, Problems and Challenges and how to rectify
- How to monitor and Control the Grouping
- Coding and Linking related to technical documents, plans, bills and drawings
- Approved Standards of Items, Materials, Products and Equipment
- Change Management System dealing with change request
- How to ensure completeness of equipment and materials data in the Materials Management System
Day 3: Commercial Integrity of the Materials Cataloguing & Storage Planning
- Payment approval process – Supervision and checks of suppliers / vendors invoices
- Commercial Configuration process to improve interchangeability and deliverability
- Physical verification process, onsite visits in coordination with Inventory Control, Warehouse Operations and User’s requirements.
- Dealing with replicated and duplicated items
- Review and coordinate with vendors and manufacturers on materials and equipment specifications following queries raised during procurement and purchase
- Analysis, evaluation and coordination with Users and Inventory Control for acceptance and ensure system updates of new requirements, change request and purchase datasets
Day 4: Enhancing Materials Catalogue Management and Optimum Storage Planning
- How to deal with Obsolete and Substitute Offers
- Coordinating the collection of relevant data, service, location details, part list and drawing of Obsolete Equipment and Parts
- Potential Issues, Problems and Challenges of Obsolete and Substitute Materials and Equipment
- Gaining acceptance of substitute materials specifications for the introduction of new products
- Version control and monitoring of items of obsolete and substitute materials & equipment
Day 5: Materials & Storage Standards and Specifications
- Alternative Specification and Alternative Sources with acceptable material specification
- Multisource approaches to reduce monopoly by single source supplier (achieving economies of scale)
- Coordination with end-users, technical departments and manufacturers to facilitate in identifying all hazardous substances
- Modification of buying description to comply with the relevant safety standards, clauses and codes of practices in accordance with the International Safety Regulations (IMDG, SOLAS, DOT)
- Supervision, control and monitoring of Materials Safety Data Sheets for all Hazardous Materials
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL
Do you wish for us to conduct this course at your premises?
Request for In-house
Discover In-House Solutions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.