An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Managing Projects with MS Project 2016
- Format: Classroom, Live/Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Managing Projects with MS Project 2016 training course will introduce delegates A to Z of planning and scheduling with MS Project 2016. Delegates will be able to comprehend on how to effectively plan, schedule and execute with Project 2016 to ensure sustainable Project success. Consistent Project Control and Monitoring is central for any Project Management.
MS Project Project 2016 is an essential planning tool-kit for any aspiring Project professionals. Gaps in resources utilisation and schedule conflicts including cost allocation could be effectively controlled and monitored with Project 2016. The planning, scheduling and costing analytical ability of delegates would be enhanced through this programme.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Navigate complexities in Project 2016 confidently
- Clear understanding of Project 2016 dashboards
- Capability to plan, schedule and execute projects successfully
- How to optimize resources for cost and time efficiently
- Seamless task organization, managing interfaces and dependencies
- Multitasking in Multi-Projects
- Prioritization and aggregating Work Packages
- Critical path task management and coordination
- Ensuring planning integrity through effective project tracking, control, monitoring and progress measurement
- To develop and enhance knowledge, skills and competence in Planning and Scheduling
- To be able to use MS Project 2016 confidently and competently
- To understand various features, visuals and reporting methods using MS Project 2016
- To develop an effective Baseline / Master Schedule and WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- To advance knowledge in Critical Path measurement, control and monitoring
- To be able to use MS Project 2016 for multiple connected projects
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Any Professionals who is aspiring to learn and develop their planning scheduling and resourcing toolkit
- Project Control Engineers
- Field / Site Engineers
- Field Supervisors / Superintendents
- Project Managers
- Project Teams
- Senior Managers (Departmental / Functional) whom have multi-task to supervise, lead and manage
This EuroMaTech training course will use MS Project 2016 extensively with real life example projects. Delegates will be guided through the drag and drop options of Project 2016 including how to customise and format different views, tables and fields.
Delegates will be able to practice Project 2016 in their own projects, simulating a real life project environment. Delegates will also have an opportunity on how to interpret various outputs, information and reports from Project 2016.
Delegates will be given an exposure on how to report and analyse gaps, schedule / resources conflict and critical paths from multiple coordinated projects (in a program). The training course is highly practical and uses very hands-on approach.
Participants need to bring their own Non-Apple laptops to upload the software for usage during the programme
This EuroMaTech Managing Projects with MS Project 2016 training course will surely enrich delegates experience in planning and scheduling with Project 2016. It will offer delegates an organised and systematic approach when managing projects under various resources, stakeholders’ demands, time (duration) and cost constraints. There is an increasing expectation for Project Professionals to be highly savvy and competent in Planning and Scheduling. Knowledge and skills gained from this training course is immediately transferable to delegates’ day to day job.
Day 1 : Navigating Project with MS Project 2016
- What has changed in Project 2016 (Comparing with Project 2013)
- Aligning Project life cycle, phases, process groups with Project 2016
- Planning and Scheduling facilitator, tools, techniques, benefit and value
- Project strategic and operational enabler drive thru
- Seamless coordination and real project progress measurement tool
- Managing stakeholders expectations, visible and effective reporting tool
Day 2 : Understanding and Customising with MS Project 2016 Engine
- How to start and move, manual and automatic scheduling
- Advanced and critical options and settings, field customisation
- Managing and optimising work calendars
- Task and Resource views
- How to use filters, highlights, tables, sorts and groups
- Entering datasets in real time real project
Day 3 : Develop and Construct an effective WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- WBS levels, interfaces and work package management
- Task and activities sequencing, arrangement and logic
- WBS data based on phases, activities, process groups, constraints, end dates and milestones
- Activities and Task dependencies management
- Critical Path identification, control, monitoring and management
- How to rationalise and interpret reports, outputs and information from MS Project 2016
Day 4 : Resources, Time and Cost Allocation and Optimisation
- Resources, Time (Duration) and Cost Estimation Methods
- Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT)
- Resources Usage Analysis
- Resources Levelling and Resources Smoothing
- Resources, Timea (Duration) and Cost Allocation
- Portfolio Management approach when setting up complex and Critical Resources Pool
Day 5 : Baseline Schedule Management, Control and Monitoring
- Baseline schedule integrity and compliance
- Real time tracking, status update, target vs. actual
- Variance analysis, performance measurement, control and monitoring
- Recovery and Corrective Action integration
- Earned Value analysis, reporting and management
- Baseline Schedule KPIs for Project Success
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.