An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Managing Project Stakeholders
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This highly participative training course will help you to cultivate your skills and knowledge of stakeholders. It includes the processes required to identify the people, groups or organisations that could impact or be impacted by a project, before moving on to analyze stakeholder expectations and develop appropriate management strategies for engaging stakeholders.
Do you properly involve stakeholders on your projects? Have you ever had a key stakeholder complain they don’t know what is going on? Have you delivered products into the business only to find users don’t like the new system or worse don’t even use it? Projects will not be successful without regular continuous close contact interactions with all the stakeholders
This EuroMaTech training course will provide you with a traditional stakeholder management process but will also go further by examining Communications management, Project leadership, Governance, and Change Management.
Participants attending the Managing Project Stakeholders training course will develop the following competencies in line with the PMI A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge Sixth Edition:
- To confidently identify stakeholders
- Plan and manage effective stakeholder engagement
- Plan and carry out effective communications using persuasive messages
- Monitor stakeholder engagement
This Managing Project stakeholders training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Use techniques to identify all stakeholders
- Determine stakeholder requirements and expectations
- Determine interest and level of influence
- Plan how to communicate with influence using change management techniques
- Build expectations through project information
- Monitor stakeholder engagement, adjusting if relationships are breaking down
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This Managing Project Stakeholder course is suitable for a wide range of professionals, but will be particularly beneficial to:
- Project Sponsors / Project Managers /
- Team Leaders / Workstream Leaders
- PMO staff
- Business Functional Management or personnel
This Managing Project Stakeholder training course is highly interactive & practical. Participants learn through a range of teaching & personal development methods including presentations with instructor-guided interactive discussions between participants relating to their individual interests. Practical exercises, short team exercises, video material & real-life case studies aiming at stimulating these discussions & providing maximum benefit to the participants. Active participation & involvement will be encouraged throughout the programme to promote the sharing of ideas & expertise within the group.
The Managing Project stakeholder training course covers essential skills such as stakeholder management process, Change Management theories, communicating persuasively and with impact, confidence to handle challenging situations. This allows you to develop deeper relationships with those around you. This is crucial towards inspiring team members to achieve organizational goals and influencing individuals to support the team direction.
Day 1 - Stakeholder Identification
- Project basics
- Stakeholder definition
- Stakeholder identification techniques
- Project Governance
- Internal & external stakeholders
- Project leadership
Day 2 - Stakeholder Analysis
- Power, interest and influence
- Stakeholder salience
- Stakeholder mapping
- Setting expectations using the Project Mission
- Public relations
- The art of active listening
- Determining requirements
Day 3 - Plan your Stakeholder tactics
- Planning Stakeholder Management
- Change Management
- Traditional vs iterative project management
- Lean project management
- Project branding
- Negotiation and delegation
Day 4 - Stakeholder Communication
- Importance of verbal, vocal and visual communication
- Assertive communication to control situations
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Resolving conflicts constructively
- Risk management
Day 5 - Manage and Control Stakeholder Engagement
- Project control - How are you?
- Earned Value Management
- Change and Issue logs
- Benefits Plan
- Post Project Review
- Celebrate milestones and success with stakeholders
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.