An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Managing Multiple Projects
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Mature organizations manage a portfolio of projects simultaneously in a challenging regional and international business environment. The challenge starts with selecting and prioritizing the best mix of projects that will support the translation of strategies into action. The next challenge is to create an integrated Master Plan that consolidates the project plans of the project mix including schedule, resources, costs and risks. As the management proverb says “You cannot control, what you cannot measure”, it is important to establish a coherent project control system to measure and analyse variances, take corrective and preventive actions, and report performance in a multi project environment. On the other hand, multitasking imposes many challenges on the team and its performance, which need to be taken care.
Participants attending this EuroMaTech Managing Multiple Projects training course will develop the following competencies:
- Effective selection, Prioritizing and Balancing the Project Mix
- Organizing, Categorization of Projects via an Integrated Projects Plan
- Effective Monitoring and Controlling in Multi Project Environment
- Applying Governance and Realizing Benefits of your Projects
- Master team performance in Multitasking Environment
This EuroMaTech Managing Multiple Projects training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understand the concepts related to managing multiple Project
- Develop and implement integrated plans and schedules to multiple Project
- Measure performance and manage variance during the implementation
- Report the integrated status to senior managers using dashboards and KPIs
- Mitigate risks, manage interfaces resulting from managing multiple Project
- Improve team performance while multitasking and reduce its negative impacts
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech Managing Multiple Projects training course is designed specifically for those professionals who are involved in managing multiple projects, or who have recently been promoted to such challenge.
- Senior project managers
- Program mangers / Middle management
- Portfolio managers / senior managers
- Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) staff and leaders
- Team members working in multiple projects or multitasking environment
The EuroMaTech Managing Multiple Projects training course will combine presentations with interactive practical case studies, supported by video materials, and group activities. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of multiple project management to the particular needs of their project portfolio.
The EuroMaTech Managing Multiple Projects training course covers essential skills needed for managing multiple projects such multitasking and team development to categorize, prioritize, select, authorize, plan, manage, monitor, and control your portfolio of multiple projects. The course allows you to develop deeper understanding and implementation for related tools and techniques. This is crucial towards inspiring team members to achieve organizational goals and influencing individuals to support the team direction.
Day 1 - Selecting the best mix of projects
- Course Objectives and Introduction
- Key Concepts of Project Management, Program and Portfolio Management
- Why Managing Multiple Projects is Different?
- The Need for A Portfolio Approach For Selecting the Project Mix
- Understanding, Categorize, Prioritizing and Balancing the Project Mix
- The Role Program Management Office (PMO) in Managing Projects
- Day 1 Review and Q/A Session
Day 2 - Planning and scheduling multiple projects
- Organizing and Categorizing Projects
- The Enterprise Project Structure (EPS) and the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Scheduling Multiple Projects
- Multiple Project Resource Allocation
- Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) for Multiple Projects
- Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Risk Management on Multiple Projects
- Day 2 Review and Q/A Session
Day 3 - Multiple Project Control and Reporting
- Selecting the Appropriate Multi Project Control System
- Monitoring and Controlling Overview
- Variance Analysis and The Role of Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Reporting EVM in a Multiple Project Environment
- Issue Management on Multiple Projects
- Dashboards for Management Reporting
- Day 3 Review and Q/A Session
Day 4 - Governance and Benefit Management of Multiple Projects
- Differences between management and governance
- Organizational governance and Organizational Project Management (OPM) Governance
- Stage Gate Approach in Project Governance
- Benefits Identification, Analysis and Planning
- Benefits Delivery Through Multiple Projects
- Benefits Transition and Benefits Sustainment
- Day 4 Review and Q/A Session
Day 5 - Multi-Tasking and Team Performance
- Introduction to Multitasking the Science of Multitasking
- Pros and Cons of Multitasking
- Impacts of Multitasking
- Create a Collaborative Project Team Environment
- Empowering the Team and Managing Conflict
- Communicate and Collaborate with Stakeholders
- Overall Course Review and Q/A
- Course Closure
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.