An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Logistics and Transport Management
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
|04 - 08 Sep 2023||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|04 - 08 Mar 2024||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|02 - 06 Sep 2024||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
This Logistics and Transport Management training course examines the effective management and flow of materials through an organization’s supply chain. Significant costs and delays to standard operations and projects are often caused by small inefficiencies in logistics and transport. This EuroMaTech training course discusses how costs can be reduced, performance can be improved as well as an increase in customer satisfaction.
Participants in this EuroMaTech training course will learn how to:
- Understand the process of the Supply and Demand Chain
- Utilize modern purchasing management techniques
- Improve the warehouse efficiencies with subsequent reduction in stock levels
- Sharpen your negotiation skills
- Manage inventories in a more productive manner
- Improve transportation operations
This Logistics & Transport Management training course aims to enable participants to:
- Understand how the supply and demand chains work
- Examine the most effective purchasing practices
- Learn new trends in supplier management
- Gain greater insight into the negotiation process
- Study the use of negotiation techniques
- Examine inventory reduction techniques
- Explore new methods and technologies in warehousing
- Analyze the function of transportation management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business professionals who work in purchasing, procurement, stock control, warehousing and materials management would find this training session extremely beneficial, enabling them to bring improvements to their area of the business.
Participants will learn by active participation during this EuroMaTech training course through the presentation of programme material, exercises, training videos and discussions of “real life” issues in their organizations.
The quality of operations in the logistics and transport functions has a direct impact on the operating performance of an organization. This Logistics & Transport Management training course is focused on the most modern techniques for the improved management of the flow of materials into and through the organization. It is concerned with all the areas responsible in the logistics process including procurement, inventory management, warehousing and transportation. It also covers the negotiation skills necessary to obtain your requirements in all of these areas.
Day 1: Understanding the Supply and Demand Chains
- How organisation supply and demand chains work
- Objectives of supply chain management
- The key steps in purchasing
- Supplier location and selection
- Types of contracts and purchase orders
- Supplier management
- Quality assurance
- Remedies for non-performance of suppliers
Day 2: Inventory Management
- Inventory management systems
- Establishing inventory levels
- Supplier managed inventory
- Consignment inventory
- Just in time inventory management
- Obtaining the benefits of standardization
- Utilizing ABC analysis
- Inventory management effectiveness measures
Day 3: Negotiation Skills Development
- Communication and foundations of successful negotiations
- Overcoming difficulties in negotiations
- The impact of ethics
- Establishing negotiating goals
- Effective negotiating strategies
- Effective negotiating techniques
- Negotiation tactics
Day 4: Managing Warehouse Operations
- Warehouse functions
- Utilizing warehouse systems
- Warehouse layout
- Inventory accuracy and cycle counting
- Bar coding identification systems
- Radio frequency identification systems
- Improving warehousing productivity
- Overcoming barriers to performance
Day 5: Managing Transportation Operations
- Correct application of Incoterms
- Air carrier selection criteria
- Ocean carrier selection criteria
- Obtaining insurance coverage
- Managing truck delivery operations
- Utilizing modern tracking technology
- Effective use of consolidation
- Measuring transportation performance
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL
Do you wish for us to conduct this course at your premises?
Request for In-house
Discover In-House Solutions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.