An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
LNG Charter Party:
Negotiating and Managing Risks, Liabilities and Disputes
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
|11 - 15 Dec 2023||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|04 - 08 Mar 2024||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|09 - 13 Dec 2024||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
During the early days of the industry, liquefied natural gas (LNG) was carried almost exclusively under time charter terms and conditions. Originally, the majority of LNG was sold by the producers under Long Term DES (Delivery Ex Ship) sale and purchase agreements, with ships chartered under long term time charters by the producers.
Recently, there has been a move towards shorter-term contracts and FOB sales resulting in a spot market beginning to develop, with spot LNG cargoes being carried on trip time charter terms. BIMCO and GIIGNL have developed this new voyage charter party to allow greater flexibility and meet the needs of owners and charterers in the LNG sector.
This LNG charter party training course will provide both an overview and in-depth look into the various clauses of a LNG charter party and issues which need to be addressed during the negotiation stage and what pitfalls to avoid.
The participants with gain valuable insights into the actual workings of a charter party in the LNG trade and to pre-empt and identify the uncertainties and how best to deal with them. Time and voyage charter parties will be reviewed in detail and the participants will be made to appreciate the differences between them and to know which would be appropriate for any particular voyage.
Lastly, the course will also deal with charter party disputes and how best to effectively manage them.
Capitalize on the expert knowledge of the trainer to gain maximum value on key issues relating to LNG Charter Party contracts:
- UNDERSTAND the different types of Charter Parties
- ACQUIRE the ability to evaluate the risk allocation in a LNG Charter Party
- UNDERSTAND the rights and obligations of Owner and Charterer
- OBTAIN an understanding of Charter party clauses
- GAIN an ability to negotiate, evaluate, agree on terms of the charter
- ATTAIN thorough knowledge of the risks and liabilities involved in an LNG Charter.
- MASTER the understanding of dispute resolution and the tools required to properly bring, defend and avoid disputes
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training is highly recommended for those in the LNG industry, most staff in LNG shipping companies, chartering and trading companies. It is particularly useful for staff involved in day to day shipping operations or administration of LNG Charters
- Ship Owners
- Ship Charterers
- Freight Forwarders
- Ship Brokers
- Shipping Agencies
- Marine Insurers
- Legal Advisors
- Maritime Lawyers
This course is essential for participants who wish to:
- Gain invaluable insights of the standard form charters available to the LNG shipping market,
- Understand the use of the different charter party forms and the benefits and disadvantages
- Know how to choose the best charter party for the assignment
- Have an understanding of the different charter party forms like SHELLTIME4, BPVOY, ASBATANKVOY, GASVOY, GASTIME, BPTIME, GIIGNL LNGVOY
- Identify Risks, Evaluation and Mitigate those risks
- Computation and allocation Lay time and Demurrage Claims
- Termination of Charters for Cause and for Convenience
- Performance Obligations of the Parties to a Charter party
- Charterer’s Obligations, Bunkers and Boil-off Gas Usage Limits
- Owner’s Obligations and Liabilities, ROB, Limits of Boil-off and Cargo Loss
Day 1 : Introduction of Key Elements of Ship Charter Party
- Introduction to Shipping and contracts
- A charter party as a contract of carriage
- Different Types of charterparty
- Time Charter Party
- Voyage Charter Party
- Bare Boat Charter Party
- Introduction to Time Charter Party
- Introduction to Force Majeure and
- Introduction to LNG vessels (New Builds, Shipbuilding, price choices, length, time taken to build. Best Shipyards and why?)
- Introduction to Flag State or Flagging of vessels
Day 2 : Introduction to Shipping and Charter Party
- General Principles
- LNG Characteristics and Handling Features
- Importance of Equipment
- Specifications stated in a Charter Party
- Explicit Warranties by the Owners
- Cargo Capacities and LNG Fleet Profile
- Estimation of Bunker Cost
- Permissible Limit for Boiloff Gas (Natural or Induced)
- Difference between transporting LNG to Europe and the United States as compared to transporting to Asia
- Shipping and Charter Party compared in Dubai and Qatar (or just Dubai)
- Case Studies (including case studies from Dubai and Qatar
Day 3 : Key LNG Charter Clauses
- Condition of Vessel & Charterers’ Inspection
- Presentation and Conditioning of Cargo Tanks at the Loading Port
- Ownership of Heel This
- Voyage, Loading and Discharging Ports and Logs
- Delivery Window
- Ship to Ship Transfer (STS)
- Notice of Readiness (NOR))
- Cargo Measurement
- Boil-off of Cargo - As customary in this trade
- Explicit Warranties by the Owners
- Types of LNG Tankers and Custody Transfer Features
Day 4 : Special clauses for LNG Vessels
- Ship Tenders
- Equity concerning Shipping, Time Charter Parties
- Health, Safety, Security and the Environment
- Rate and payment of hire
- Force Majeure and the events of it (War etc.).
- Termination due to force Majeure with Case Studies ( Dubai and other jurisdictions )
- New Jason Clause (what is it and why is this clause important)
- Bill of lading, duties onboard the ship
Day 5 : Effective Dispute Resolution Strategies and Choice of Forums
- BIMCO Dispute Resolution Clause (2016)
- The Dispute Resolution clause
- Arbitration: London; New York; Singapore; or a free choice of venue
- Mediation provision
- Governing Law and Arbitration Clauses
- Jurisdictional Issues
- Challenges of Arbitration and Litigations
- Dispute Resolution in Dubai and Qatar (if possible)
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL
Do you wish for us to conduct this course at your premises?
Request for In-house
Discover In-House Solutions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.