An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Leadership Skills for Technical Professionals
Improving your Leadership Skills as an Engineer, Technical Professional or Specialist
- Format: Classroom, Live/Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
High performance technical leaders and managers are essential for organisations to perform well. It is common to hear of engineering management technical teams, production technical teams, technical service technical teams or even whole organisations being held back by poor managers.
Employers stress the importance of technical and engineering staff working as a technical team. However, many technical teams underperform and this causes major problems for the organisation, and therefore the manager or leader.
This EuroMaTech Leadership Skills for Technical Professionals training course is designed to help you to:
- Enhance your management and leadership skills as a technical professional
- Motivate and manage your technicians and engineers for performance
- Deal effectively with challenging conversations in a technical team
- Build a high-performance team or engineering and technical professionals
- Obtain success through dynamic technical team development
- Enhance leadership skills including: setting direction, aligning people, motivating and inspiring, leading teams, and communicating.
- Learn how to build relationships, negotiate and lead change.
- Recognize the difference in managing and leading technical teams or technical professionals
- Study the different team player styles and their impact
- Devise a strategy to manage the team through the stages of development
- Discover techniques for improving their personal performance as a manager leader
- Examine the art of motivating technical employees
- Consider methods of dealing with conflicts between team members
- Review strategies for handling difficult people
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training course is ideal for all levels of engineers, technicians or technical professionals who want to improve their managerial and leadership skills.
Participants will learn by active participation during this EuroMaTech training course through the use of individual exercises, questionnaires, team exercises, training videos and discussions of “real life” issues in their organizations.
This EuroMaTech training course will allow those with excellent technical ability to develop key management, leadership and people skills. They will be able to communicate with impact and have increased confidence to handle challenging situations. It also covers many essential team building, problem-solving and project management skills. This is crucial towards inspiring team members to achieve organizational goals and influencing individuals to support the team direction.
Day 1 : Building a High-Performance Technical Team
- The Goals of technical teamwork
- High Performance Technical team Masterplan
- Identifying Effective Technical team Behaviours
- Identifying Ineffective Technical team Behaviours
- Understanding Technical team Player Styles
- Overcoming Obstacles to Effective Technical teams
Day 2: Technical Leadership through Effective Communication
- What do Leaders Communicate About?
- Communication Styles and matching Communication Styles
- Powerful Communication and active Listening
- Power and Leadership Relationship
- Sources of Leadership Power; influence and persuasion
- Update your Leadership Development Plan
Day 3 : The Practices of Leaders in a Technical or Engineering Environment
- Getting the team to perform – what is is different about technical and engineering staff
- What turns a group into a team?
- Building mutual trust across the team
- Empowering technical employees to make decisions
- Delegation for increased productivity
Day 4 : Project Initiation and Risk Management
- Identifying business needs and their relevant strategic context; problem definition
- Collecting project requirements
- Determining project objectives and scope, priorities and constraints
- Managing risk in projects
- Using analytical tools to help make effective decisions under certainty, risk and uncertainty; payoff tables, decision trees
Day 5 : Problem Solving and Decision-Making for Technical Team Leaders
- Analysing and developing a project work breakdown structure
- Establishing logical progression of work – project networks
- Estimating task durations and budgets
- Quantitative analysis techniques
- Time scheduling: Critical path ad float
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.