An Intensive 5-day Training Course
LabVIEW (Level 1)
Instrumentation, Monitoring and Control (SCADA)
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
We live in a digitised representation of just about any enterprise thus making possible improvements, optimization, and correct functioning of many endeavors. Using concepts from the Internet of Things (IoT), it is possible to attach a digital interface to just about any object (or thing) and integrate this object into a much larger system with added value and capabilities. LabVIEW is one powerful tool that enables this integration of many components to build highly engineered systems.
This highly interactive EuroMaTech training course on LabVIEW has been designed so that delegates get involved on the practical aspects of building a modern SCADA system from scratch. Through a set of exercises, delegates will get a chance to design and program several components of a complete SCADA system including Internet communications using the Modbus protocol. We will use actual LabVIEW tools that will interface to actual sensors and actuators that correspond to a small (lab scale) water treatment process.
Participants attending the 5-day LabVIEW Level 1 training course will develop the following competencies:
- Update and improve their knowledge of LabVIEW, its components and applications
- Develop their skills in analysing existing LabVIEW applications
- Evaluate and assess existing LabVIEW applications at their organization
- Help their organizations with new applications of LabVIEW
- Help their organization in improving or optimizing the use of their LabVIEW resources.
EuroMaTech’s LabVIEW Level 1 training course aims to help participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understand the importance, capabilities, and organization of LabVIEW applications
- Develop their skills in programming using LabVIEW
- Develop their skills in designing LabVIEW data aquisition applications
- Develop their skills in programming HMI and Internet communications using LabVIEW
- Complete the design and programming of an actual SCADA system
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals employed in Process, Chemical, and Petrochemical industries, but it will be particularly beneficial to:
- Instrument technicians
- Laboratory technicians and operators
- Process and instrumentation operators and engineers
- Process and control operators and engineers
The LabVIEW Level 1 training course will combine presentations with instructor-guided interactive discussions between participants. Practical hands-on exercises, video material and the work on an actual SCADA system for a water treatment process will be completed on a daily basis.
This EuroMaTech training course will begin with a review of LabVIEW fundamentals and quickly covering LabVIEW programming and its applications to HMI design. Modern applications emphasize the Internet of Things (IoT) and the course will cover this capability by addressing interoperability of SCADA components using Modbus. The course continues with a coverage of sensors, instrumentation, and virtual instruments. On the last day, we put together all the components of a fully functional SCADA system.
Day 1 : LabVIEW Fundamentals
- LabVIEW terms
- Components of a LabVIEW application
- LabVIEW programming tools
- Creating an application in LabVIEW
- Architecture of LabVIEW applications: The SCADA project
- Exercise 1: Temperature GUI and unit conversion between C and F units
Day 2 : Introduction to LabVIEW Programming and HMI design
- Data acquisition (DAQ) basics
- Connecting Signals
- Simple DAQ application
- Loops and Charts
- Strings, Clusters, & Error Handling
- HMI design: usability, component layout, best practices
- Exercise 2: Interface to a temperature sensor and temperature monitor
- & Videos
Day 3 : Advanced LabVIEW Programming and LabVIEW interoperability with Modbus
- Arrays & File I/O
- Array Functions & Graphs
- Case & Sequence Structures,
- Formula Nodes
- Modbus communication protocol
- Interoperability of LabVIEW components using Modbus
- Exercise 3: Interoperability of components using Modbus
Day 4 : Data Acquisition and Monitoring: Virtual Instrumentation
- Data acquisition (DAQ) techniques
- Review of applicable sensors: Temperature, water quality (pH, DO, ORP)
- Remote data acquisition of sensors using Modbus
- Design of a virtual instrument
- Exercise 4: Data acquisition for SCADA system
Day 5 : LabVIEW Application: SCADA Project
- SCADA project: Control and Monitoring of a water treatment process
- System architecture
- Monitoring and control programming: Manual and automatic modes
- SCADA GUI design
- Testing of components and system integration
- Course Summary
- Exercise 5: Monitoring, control, and GUI for SCADA system
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.