An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Initial Public Offerings (IPO) & Equity Capital Markets (ECM)
A Comprehensive Guide to Going and Being Public
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Going public is a monumental decision for any company. It forever changes how a company goes about doing business and it secures sources of capital. This EuroMaTech Initial Public Offering (IPO) training course is designed to provide a clear picture of how a company goes public through an initial public offering or IPO. It will equip you with the required skills & knowledge to support your company in seeking capital for its growth by going public.
This Initial Public Offerings (IPO) & Equity Capital Markets (ECM) training program helps companies making informed decisions by addressing such factors as the advantages, disadvantages, costs, timing and alternatives to going public. It outlines the process for going public and discusses the registration process and ongoing reporting requirements of a public company.
The programme is intended to’ to make it relevant to people pursuing careers in the front office, middle office and operations areas. The syllabus content places an even emphasis on introducing and explaining the key concepts of each subject area to develop candidates’ practical knowledge and skill set.
This training course will provide you with a ‘breadth of knowledge ‘ in Equity capital market to recognize the key players in the financial markets to enable you to identify the key features of both equity and debt products, and to allow for an informed decision as to whether or not going public is the right choice for the company and maximize the chances of success if the decision is made to go ahead.
By the end of this EuroMaTech training course, you will be able to:
- Understand the concept of an IPO
- Analyze the factors to be considered in taking the company public
- Know what the company should have in place prior to going public
- Conduct a plane to execute a successful IPO
- Understand what life will be like as a public company
- Recognize how stock exchanges work
- Compare valuation and trading techniques
- Enhance the operation of evaluating and pricing decisions
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech IPO training course is designed to deliver the knowledge and skills, providing details of the latest policies and procedures to:
- CEO’s, executives and managers
- Professionals in all functions
- Entrepreneurs, investment and commercial bankers
- Investment and analysts
- Lawyers and accountants
- Brokerages and advisers
- Treasury managers
- Credit mangers
Participants to this IPO training course will receive a good concept and overview of the IPO process from planning to going public to closing the offering. The training methodology includes case studies, group live instruction, presentation and discussion of worked examples, group discussion and interactive participation is encouraged.
This EuroMaTech training course will focus on the context and importance of the IPOs to enable you to tap into the single biggest source of capital in your country, And how to help the company for “marketing” the company as a way of generating a return for those (owners, venture capitalist, etc.) who initially funded the company. Becoming “liquid” is a big reason for going public - investors need to get paid back.
Securing long-term customer relationships. Customers want to do business with a company that will be around for the long-haul. Public companies are viewed as long-term providers of services and products.
This program gives you the knowledge you need it in the equity capital market, trading strategies used in the finance and capital markets industry.
Day 1 - Fundamental of IPO Process
- Meaning of public offering
- Analyzing the reasons for going public
- Weighing the advantages and the disadvantages of going public
- Assessing the alternatives to going public
- Understand your regulatory environment
- IPO Regulatory Requirements
- Legal requirements for Boards
- Financial positions of the company
- Valuation of the company
Day 2 - Preparing to become a public company
- Areas should management evaluate as part of an IPO readiness assessment
- Accounting and financial reporting
- Finance effectiveness
- Internal controls
- Evaluate efficiency of existing tax structure
- Building a going public team
- Governance and leadership
- Financial planning and analysis
Day 3 - Process of going public
- Selecting advisors and managing relationships
- Engage with investment banks
- Media and investor relations
- Common accounting and financial reporting issues
- Developing reporting systems and controls
- Preparing the registration state
- The underwriting Structure & pricing
- Methods of Flotation
Day 4 - Execution of IPO
- Typical execution timeline
- Performing due diligence
- Financial analyst meetings or roadshows
- Disclosure of sensitive information
- Holding the closing meeting
- Risk management
- Preparation for life as a public company
- Maintain investor enthusiasm& regulatory compliance
Day 5 - Equity Capital Markets
- Equity Markets Fundamentals
- Risk and return
- Types of equities, and funds
- Equity securities
- Stock exchanges,
- Valuation and trading techniques
- Trade-offs of different investment strategies
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.