An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Healthcare Operations: Cost Control & Productivity Management
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
|02 - 06 Oct 2023||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|13 - 17 May 2024||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|30 Sep - 04 Oct 2024||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
The current healthcare environment requires that healthcare organisations across the globe find ways to reduce operating expenses while improving quality. When faced with the need to cut costs, many think of staff reductions, across-the-board decreases, or curtailing select programs and services. However, they fail to realise that hidden in their organisations are millions of dollars in overuse, misuse, and rework that can be removed not only without sacrificing but, in many cases, improving long-term quality and safety.
Similar to any other major business problems, addressing the cost of healthcare may seem overwhelming and impossible to solve. Fortunately, there is a way to address the challenge of escalating healthcare costs that reduces the dependence on cost shifting and benefit cutbacks.
Participants attending the Healthcare Operations: Cost Control & Productivity Management training course will develop the following competencies:
- Report results using a balanced scorecard technique
- Use the 10 ways to improve healthcare cost management
- Increase costs for strategic decision-making capability
- Know the ways to differentiate your healthcare program
The primary objective of EuroMaTech’s Healthcare Operations: Cost Control & Productivity Management training course is to enhance cost control management skills among decision-makers in the hospital, especially leaders who are primarily responsible for financial decisions. Attendees will also be able to:
- Participate actively in financial decision making that affects their department, like budgeting and forecasting
- Understand the strategic role of basic cost concepts
- Explain cost-driver concepts at the activity, volume, structural, and executional levels
- Explain the cost concepts used in product and service costing
- Identify the different ways to calculate the true cost and understand the real cost to their organisation for delivering patient care
- Control those costs effectively to assure sustainable profitability and growth
Who Should Attend?
The Healthcare Operations: Cost Control & Productivity Management training course is appropriate for all Professionals working in healthcare/hospital operations who need a basic knowledge and a better understanding of healthcare cost management, especially:
- Operations Manager
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Quality Officer
- Director of Organisational Development
- Performance Improvement staff
- Administrative Director
- Risk Management Staff
- Department Head
- Patient Safety Officer
It will also benefit finance managers who have recently moved into the healthcare arena, who need to understand and practice how to apply cost control essentials in a healthcare context.
Healthcare Operations: Cost Control & Productivity Management training course uses a combination of class lectures, case studies / examples and group discussion. The latest educational methods and strategies are employed. The training course is designed to maximize delegate participation. This gives participants the opportunity to discuss with other delegates and the presenter their specific problems and appropriate solutions.
During this practical EuroMaTech training course on Healthcare Operations: Cost Control & Productivity Management, participants will be able to learn how to identify the primary areas where excess expense typically occurs in healthcare. In addition, they will be able to design an approach for identifying and eliminating waste in their organisations that engages the front line and results in improved quality and reduced costs.
Day 1 : Cost Management
- Direct vs. Indirect Costs
- Management Influence on Cost Behaviour
- Fixed Costs and Variable Costs
- Cost Hierarchy
- What is the Value of ABC
- When Would ABC be most Useful
- Cost Management Processes
Day 2 : Implementation of Cost Management Processes
- Metrics for Cost Analysis
- Cost Volume Profit (CVP) Analysis
- Assumptions of CVP
- The Basic CVP Model
- Extensions of the Basic CVP Model
- Make vs. Buy (Outsourcing)
- Performance Improvement
Day 3 : Economic Characteristics of Costs
- Relevant Costs for Decision Making
- Short-run vs. long-run
- Pitfalls to avoid
- 10 ways to improve healthcare cost management
- Report results using a balanced scorecard technique
- Adopt benchmarking
- Costs for Strategic Decision-Making
Day 4 : Costs and Business Pressures
- Cost containment strategies
- Health issues around the world
- Healthcare market
- Health risk
- Employment challenges
- Lifestyle and chronic disease
- Preventing and managing claims
Day 5 : Encourage Healthy Behaviours
- Incentive and Knowledge
- Combating Rising Employee Health Care Costs
- Cost Shifting Versus Cost Management
- Ways to Differentiate your Healthcare Program
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Health Portal
- Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL
Do you wish for us to conduct this course at your premises?
Request for In-house
Discover In-House Solutions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.