An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Health and Safety in Construction Projects
Legislation, Safety Plans, Occupational Health and Assessment
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA Certified training courses
Any Construction Project requires a balanced view of what is required to be achieved as against the best and most efficient methods of work that will ensure the safety of both personnel and the environment. A project is essentially a collaborative enterprise that place responsibilities on all parties, from the owner to the contractor and subcontractor. All stages of a project require evaluation of the potential H&S risks that may develop.
This Health & Safety in Construction Projects training course aims at setting the guidelines and knowledge base required to evaluate the project in H&S performance and avoid unnecessary delays.
Participants attending the training course will develop the following competencies:
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Safety Management
- Occupational Health
- Common Construction Hazards and Controls
- Pre-Construction Safety Reports
- Understand the Legal aspects of H&S in construction projects
- Identify H&S hazards within a construction project
- Learn what is required from a Contractor
- Understand the elements of H&S Management Systems
- Develop insight in Occupational Health
- Explain the requirements of Pre Construction Safety Reports and Pre Operation Safety Reports
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- HSE Personnel
- Mechanical Engineers
- Inspection Engineers
- Existing and New Project Managers
- Graduate Engineers
This EuroMaTech Health & Safety in Construction Projects training course is presented face to face and will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentations of videos, case studies and discussions that will enhance the learning process. The power point slides will be available to all delegates in both soft and hard copy. Active participation is encouraged during the training course.
This EuroMaTech training course will provide the delegates with the necessary knowledge to successfully manage health and safety in a construction project and not face surprises. Legislation, safety plans, occupational health and the assessment of risks are all covered. These topics if not clearly thought out in good time can very well lead to unfortunate delays.
Delegates, by applying this knowledge, will be able to persuade colleagues and contractors on the correct methods to follow in matters of health and safety.
Day 1 - Legislation and Contractors
- H&S Foundations
- Legal Compliance
- Employer / Employee Duties and Responsibilities
- ILO Construction Convention C-167
- EU Directive 92/57/EEC – temporary or mobile construction sites
- Contractor Selection and Induction
Day 2 - Construction Project Health & Safety Plan, Fire & Environment
- Management Systems, ILO-OHS 2001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001
- Construction Project Health & Safety Plan
- Risk Assessments
- Environmental Rules and Regulations
- Incident Reporting
- Fire Prevention
- First Aid
Day 3 - Occupational Health
- Chemicals hazards
- Biological hazards
- Physical hazards
- Drugs, Alcohol and Smoking
- Personal Protective Equipment PPE
- Psychological hazards
Day 4 - Common Hazards and Controls
- Excavations and Confined Spaces
- Movement of People and Vehicles
- Safety in the use of Lifting and moving Equipment
- Working at height
- Site Access and Security
- Permit-To-Work (PTW) Process
Day 5 - Construction of High Hazard Plants
- Legislation and good practice
- PSM 1910.119
- Seveso Directive
- Pre Construction Safety Reports
- Pre Operation Safety Reports
- Programme Evaluation
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.