An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Fundamentals of Corporate Treasury Management
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This highly participative EuroMaTech training course will improve your knowledge and skills to enable you to manage the key functions of a Treasury Department more effectively. The course covers Liquidity/Working Capital Management, Finance, Investment and Risk Management, the key functions of Treasury Management, essential for the efficient management of liquidity, capital investment and financial risk management.
The course covers the latest risk management tools including Financial Derivatives such as Forwards, Options, Futures and Swaps used to hedge Exchange Rate Risk, Interest Rate Risk and Commodity Price Risk.
Participants attending the Fundamentals of Corporate Treasury Management training course will develop the following competencies:
- Analytical skills: analysing finance and investment opportunities
- Communication skills: discussing cashflow, working capital and the ability to make sound financial recommendations
- Risk Management skills: evaluating and recommending appropriate risk management strategies
- Management skills: making informed financial recommendations to improve performance or control cash and liquidity
- Reporting skills: incorporating financial assessments to support your functional knowledge and skills
This Fundamentals of Corporate Treasury Management training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understand the role and function of the Treasury Department
- Manage short term liquidity and working capital
- Raise finance in the most appropriate manner
- Appraise capital investment opportunity using a variety of techniques
- Identify, measure and manage financial risks
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Given the volatility of the economy and financial markets, Treasury Management is of vital importance to a wide range of professionals. It will greatly benefit the following:
- Finance professionals whose role demands an understanding of treasury
- Operational, marketing, production management team who need to liaise with treasury regarding cash calls or finance and investment issues
- Professionals who aspire to manage departments where financial control is key
- Risk managers who wish to learn the latest techniques
- Treasury Management staff who wish to improve their knowledge
The Fundamentals of Corporate Treasury Management training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of Treasury Management to the particular needs of their workplace. In addition, delegates will be provided with extensive notes and a clear Glossary of Key Financial Terms.
The Fundamentals of Corporate Treasury Management training course provides delegates with the skills to manage the key functions of a Treasury Department, Liquidity/working Capital Management, Finance, Investment and Risk Management.
Delegates will leave with the knowledge and skills required to make a valuable contribution to the success of their organisation.
Day 1 - The Role & Functions of Corporate Treasury Management
- The Role & Functions of Corporate Treasury
- Centralised or Decentralised ?
- Cost Centre or Profit Centre ?
- Cash, Liquidity & Working Capital Management
- Finance & Investment
- Risk Management
Day 2 - Cash, Liquidity & Working Capital Management
- Forecasting Cash Requirements
- Ensuring Liquidity
- Netting & Pooling of Group Liquidity
- Optimising Working Capital
- Managing Accounts Receivable & Payable
- Management of Currency Payments & Receipts
Day 3 - Finance & Investment
- Short Term Finance to Manage OPEX
- Long Term Finance to meet CAPEX Requirements
- The Cost of Capital & the Optimum Capital Structure
- The Capital Investment Process
- Payback, ARR, NPV, IRR & MIRR
- The Determinants of NPV
Day 4 - Financial Risk Management
- Identifying Financial Risk
- Measuring Risk
- Evaluating Risk: Probability & Impact
- Methods of Managing Financial Risks
- Derivatives: Forwards, Options, Futures & Swaps
- Determining the Risk Management Strategy
Day 5 - Summary Case Study
- Establishing a Treasury Department
- Determining the Cash, Liquidity & Working Capital Requirements
- Raising Long Term Capital for Capital Investment
- Evaluating Capital Investment Appraisal
- Identifying Project Risks
- Managing Risks
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.