An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Fraud and Corruption in the Workplace
- Format: Classroom, Live/Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Fraud and Corruption in the Workplace training course will enable you to recognise the nature, threat and mitigation of fraud and corruption perpetrated within and upon your organisation.
- It will introduce you to key typologies used by fraudsters and to key corruption practices
- It will ensure that your organisation is equipped with the tools necessary to reduce the impact of the threats posed
- Broad knowledge of the nature of fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing
- Understanding of the vulnerabilities of organisations and their staff to fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing
- Detailed knowledge of current and prospective fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing threats
- Sound awareness of the specific and broader techniques, policies and procedures necessary to mitigate against fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing threats
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Practitioners who work in the areas of compliance, risk management, anti-money laundering and anti-corruption
- Other professionals who wish to become aware of these issues which might impact directly or indirectly upon their organisations
- Consultants who wish to work in an advisory capacity and who wish to obtain a detailed knowledge of the types of issues faced by organisations
The Fraud and Corruption in the Workplace training course will involve detailed presentations, case studies and reports but will require active participation of delegates who will be placed within small groups within which they will explore the parameters of each topic and through which they will reach determinations in relation to the mitigation of fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing issues.
This EuroMaTech training course will ensure that you attain a high level of understanding of the key issues raised for your organisation by fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. Moreover, you will be encouraged to think laterally and to identify the factors that connect each of those issues so that you are better placed to establish methods by which those issues can be effectively mitigated within your organisation.
Day 1 : Introduction to the Context of Fraud and Corruption
- Geo-political Threats
- Environmental Threats
- Societal Threats
- Technological Threats
- Transnational Organised Crime Threats
Day 2 : Understanding Fraud and Corruption
- What is fraud?
- What is corruption?
- What are the impacts of each upon the organisation
- What are the impacts of each upon the business sector
- What are the impacts of each upon the broader economy
Day 3 : The Nature and Scale of Fraud and Corruption
- Types of Fraud – Public Sector
- Types of Fraud – Private Sector
- Cost of Fraud – Public and Private Sectors
- Types of Corrupt Practice
- Cost of Corrupt Practice
Day 4 : Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- Nature of money laundering
- Nature of terrorist financing
- Money laundering typologies
- Terrorist financing typologies
- Scale and impact of money laundering and terrorist financing
Day 5 : Mitigating Fraud and Corruption
- Real world risk management
- Developing an anti-fraud culture and holistic controls
- Developing an anti-corruption strategy
- Developing an anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing regime
- Creating a fluid not static risk management strategy
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.