This Flares and Relief Systems virtual training course provides a comprehensive overview of relief and flare systems for oil & gas processing facilities. This EuroMaTech virtual training course begins with defining the need for pressure control (over and under pressure protection), continues with the key engineering and design aspects including code considerations and concludes with selecting and defining the components of a relief flare system. The material presented is applicable to onshore field production facilities, pipelines, gas plants, terminals and offshore production facilities.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Understand the purposes of relief and flare systems and their importance in safe operations
- Understand the causes of over-pressure and the ways to control or mitigate them
- Appreciate the process engineering principles underpinning relief systems
- Determining the set / relieving pressures to meet operational, safety, and code requirements
- Selection and sizing of other key components of a relief / flare system