Pressure Vessels, Tanks and Piping Systems are very important equipment for oil, gas and petrochemical industry. This EuroMaTech training course will enable delegates to learn how to apply API 579-1 / ASME FFS-1 codes “Fitness-for-Service” to evaluate the integrity and quantify the remaining life of stationary equipment including pressure vessels, storage tanks, piping systems. Proper implementation of those codes ensures minimum down time and maintenance costs through cost effective run-repair-replace decisions and select the appropriate repair options.
Key highlights of this EuroMaTech training course are:
- Understanding design, operation and maintenance strategies for stationary equipment
- Identification of failure modes and material degradation mechanisms: stress corrosion, cracks, blisters, in the framework of API 579 / ASME FFS
- Methodology for quantitative evaluation of remaining life of the equipment based on its fitness for service
- Integrity of stationary equipment based on material properties of strength and toughness
- Application of fitness-for-service methodology for optimization of maintenance and repairs