An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Environmental Impact Assessment for Oil and Gas Development Projects
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is an assessment of potential environmental consequences arising from the impact of proposed oil and gas related projects and / or major plant modifications. An EIA helps decision makers to determine to either proceed or reject an oil and gas project / modification proposal. Environmental Impact Assessments are based on a sequential EIA procedural process, to ensure, as appropriate, participation of stakeholders and, the public in the EIA assessment process and, the subsequent preparation of an accurate and practical EIA report to enable risk-based decisions to be made as to the feasibility of the proposed oil and gas project / plant modification. This may also be subject to government approval and / or judicial review.
This EuroMaTech training course will help delegates to develop their skills and confidence to be able to proactively carry out an environmental impact assessment for proposed oil and gas projects and / or major plant modifications. The training course also covers the evaluation and selection of mitigation measures and provides training for the preparation of good EIA reports for decision making.
Participants on the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) training course will develop the following competencies:
- Identify and assess potential environmental impacts presented by oil and gas projects and/or major plant modifications
- Learn how to evaluate potential oil and gas related environmental impacts and select the applicable mitigation measures, based on current best practices.
- Prepare practical EIA reports to enable decision makers to evaluate the feasibility of proposed oil and gas projects and major plant modifications
- Understand EIA principles, as set out in international standards and the EIA United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
By the end of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) training course, participants will be able to:
- Introduce the concepts of environmental impact assessment (EIA) within the framework of sustainable development
- Describe the purpose and principles of the EIA process
- Outline the benefits and sequence of steps for carrying out an EIA
- Explain how good EIA reporting is done
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech training course on Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is suitable for:
- Professionals with responsibilities for environmental management and supervision
- Those involved in the Environmental Management of Oil and Gas Projects
- Supervisory staff, project, process, maintenance, and HSE personnel
- Those wishing to learn more about environmental issues in oil and gas operations
- Anyone wishing to understand the importance of environmental protection
- Those involved in environmental assessment of projects and major modifications
- Supervisors and other personnel responsible for environmental control functions
- Other personnel needing awareness of the EIA process and mitigation method
The Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) training course is highly-interactive and encourages delegate participation through a combination of lectures, group discussion, practical exercises designed to reinforce new skills. The comprehensive course manual has been developed to be practical, easy to use and facilitate learning.
This EuroMaTech training course aims to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) step-by-step process and how to apply the skills and knowledge in the practical implementation of an environmental impact assessment programme.
Day 1 : Aims and Objectives of EIA
- Modify and improve design
- Ensure efficient resource use
- Enhance social aspects
- Identify key impacts and their mitigating measures
- Avoid serious and irreversible environmental damage
- EIA integration processes
Day 2 : Environmental Impacts
- Type, nature and Magnitude
- Extent and duration of impact
Day 3 : EIA Process
- Screening and Scoping
- Impact Analysis
- Reporting and Review
- Decision-Making and Follow-Up
- Public Involvement
Day 4 : Guiding EIA Principles
- EIA Project Management
- Focused and Adaptive
- Participative and Transparent
- Rigorous and Practical
- Credible and Efficient
- Review of EIA Quality
Day 5 : Good EIA Practice
- Proposals with significant impacts
- Early project cycle
- Relevant environmental, social and health impacts
- Identify and take account of stakeholder and public views
- Statement of impacts and mitigation measures
- Facilitate informed decision making and condition setting
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.