An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Monitoring, Controlling and Improving Timely Supplier Deliveries
- Format: Live / Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
|13 - 17 Nov 2023||Live/Online||US $ 3950||Enroll now|
|25 - 29 Mar 2024||Live/Online||US $ 3950||Enroll now|
|11 - 15 Nov 2024||Live/Online||US $ 3950||Enroll now|
The requirement of on-time delivery each and every time is critical to businesses. Late deliveries will have considerable impact on the buying company’s performance. Expediting has a pivotal role in undertaking or coordinating a range of activities if the deliveries are to be on time. Effective Expediting is therefore directly linked to the overall success of the company’s complete supply process.
In this EuroMaTech virtual training course the importance of Effective Expediting is emphasised and techniques are provided to monitor, control and improve supplier on-time delivery. These include methods to apply pressure to suppliers to ensure they fulfil their obligations. Attendees will leave motivated and confident to positively manage delivery and other crucial aspects of supplier performance.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Recognise where Expediting sits within the overall procurement and supply process
- Describe the factors that determine the nature and frequency of expediting to be applied to a purchase order
- Appreciate the difference between activity and progress
- Identify what needs to be done at each step in the delivery process – from supplier’s premises to receipt at company site
- Understand the value of effective communications with many groups during the delivery period
- Assess their own expediting skills, knowledge and understanding
- Expedite and co-ordinate a range of projects
- Understand Effective Expediting and the use of tools and techniques
- Understand the overall procurement and supply process
- Evaluate the nature and frequency of expediting vs a purchase order
- Understand the difference between activity and progress
- Create effective communications with many groups during the delivery period
- Apply expediting skills, knowledge and understanding against a model profile
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Expeditors working in company offices – and those that visit suppliers’ premises during the delivery period
- Staff in end-user departments – to understand the difficulties of getting on-time deliveries
- Staff in logistics roles – to see ways their activities interface with effective expediting
- Newly engaged Procurement and Supply staff – to understand the ‘post-order’ activities as part of their Induction programme
The Effective Expediting virtual training course will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes facilitated group and individual exercises, case studies, role-play, videos. The instructor will also facilitate learning by encouraging the delegates to test and critically appraise any theories and concepts on the virtual training course.
The EuroMaTech virtual training course will feature an overview of the total procurement process, factors influencing the type and frequency of expediting to be applied to a purchase order, typical activities and deliverables that need to be expedited during delivery of order, developing a pro-active role for “desk” expeditors, selection and mobilization of ‘field / works’expeditors, assessing progress – ‘will the delivery be on time’.
Day 1 : Overview of the Total Procurement Process
- What is the role of Procurement and Purchasing?
- Understand the types and frequency of expediting for purchase orders
- Evaluate the activities and deliverables expedited during delivery of an order
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Supplier Positioning
Day 2 : Developing a Pro-Active Role for Desk Expeditors
- Understanding Critical Activity
- Record keeping and reporting
- Personality, Persistence & Persuasion
- Effective expeditor
- Getting the Right Attitude of Mind
- Developing Personal Skills
Day 3 : Evaluating Transportation for Effective Expediting
- The Role of Transportation in Logistics
- International Commercial Terms in transportation and the liabilities
- Customs documentation and management
- Hazardous materials, Health & Safety and
- Emergency Management
Day 4 : Vendor Rating / Performance Measurement
- Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
- What Should We Measure?
- Performance Weighting
- Vendor Rating Models
- Contractual Performance Levels
- Performance Improvement
Day 5 : Legal Aspects of Expediting
- Common Law and Legislation
- How the Law Impacts on Purchasing
- Formation of Contract
- Sale of Goods
- Penalty Clauses, Liquidated Damages
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL
Do you wish for us to conduct this course at your premises?
Request for In-house
Discover In-House Solutions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.