An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
E-Library Management Techniques
- Format: Live / Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
All business activities for information management, librarians, library professionals, document management, records managers, administrative management professionals are governed by good standards and best practices in e-library management, filing, management of documentation, establishing legislative and compliant libraries, policies and adhering to guidelines set out by the International Federation of Library Association (IFLA) and ISO standards.
Electronic libraries, information storage, access and security are key requirements for building an effective organisation and protecting and using the organisations information and business records.
This E-Library Management Techniques online training course will look at library management and especially electronic libraries, electronic and paper filing, document and version control, mobile libraries, Braille users, compliance and legislation, metadata and indexing, managing collections, archiving and preservation, advanced searching methods, e-library management policies and electronic systems.
Unique features of this EuroMaTech online training course
- A broad overview of procedures, guidelines, best practices and standards relating to e-Library management, document control, administration, filing, documentation and document management and improvement
- Review best practice and guidelines from the International Federation of Library Association (IFLA)
- Review ISO standard related to indexing, metadata, library, archiving, storage and documentation standards
- Review of e-Library management systems for storage, indexing, searching, control, archiving and long term preservation
- Review legal issues, legislation and compliance requirements
- Focus on the need to create good document policy, procedures and standards
- Hands-on drafting, programmes and case studies in groups
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.
This E-Library Management Techniques online training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Create, develop and put in an action plan for creating, setup, management and control of e-library management system including document control, auditing and compliance
- Review the security requirements and put together controls for managing confidential and private materials
- Provide an understanding of how good filing systems are developed
- Consider who needs to be involved in the process of developing such e-library management systems, policies and standards
- Investigate issues concerning the lack of good e-library filing and documentation standards
- Understand how a green library works
- Improve filing and documentation standards
- Improve manual hardcopy and softcopy e-library management systems
- Introduce records management, document control and management practices and standards
- Review ISO standards for library management, storage and archiving and documentation management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- IT Management
- Technical Staff
- Library Management Professionals
- HR, Finance and Operational Management Personnel
- Process Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- Administration and Cataloguing Personnel
- Archive Specialists and Records Managers
- Document Controllers
- Document Management and Filing Administrators
- Personnel seeking to enhance their skills
This EuroMaTech online training course covers essential skills such as communicating persuasively and with impact, confidence to handle challenging situations and flexibility to adapt and being clear about who you are and who you want to be. This allows you to develop deeper relationships with those around you. This is crucial towards inspiring team members to achieve organizational goals and influencing individuals to support the team direction.
This E-Library Management Techniques online training course covers all the essential skills and advanced concepts for managing e-library management system in accordance with international standards such as ISO and guidelines from the International Federation of Library Association (IFLA). There will be discussions on the use of software, best practice implementation as well as applying all the key concepts. The programme will concentrate on the advanced skills required to effectively deploy and maximise the benefit of e-library management as well as manage the information indexing, cataloguing, administration and outcomes and deliver business benefits. All participants will return to their organizations with a detailed and advanced understanding and have developed action plans to implement e-library management system, policies and procedures and ensure compliance is successfully implemented in their organizations.
Day 1 : Introduction
- Introduce e-library management and techniques
- The structure of e-library filing, indexing, storage and search
- Review documentation, document control and records management
Day 2 : Review Policies & Standards
- Review guidelines for International Federation of Library Association (IFLA)
- ISO standards for e-library, documentation and document management
- Regulatory, compliance and legal considerations
Day 3 : Designing e-Library Management Procedures and Systems
- Design overview
- Creating e-library filing and documentation control policies and procedures
- Creating indexing and metadata, storage, archive and search systems and setting up security
Day 4 : IT, Standards and Implementation
- Review of IT e-library management systems
- Roles and responsibilities
- Project planning and implementation
Day 5 : Case Studies and Programmes
- Case studies
- Drafting exercises
- Final wrap-up and discussion
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL