Stakeholder expectations of how companies will carry out their operations have never been higher. In former times, an organisation might have focused almost exclusively on delivering a financial return to its business owners. Nowadays communities, governments and other stakeholders clamour for their share of the rewards. They expect to see some social or economic benefit from the extraction, distribution, processing, or other productive functions that the company is involved in.
There are compelling reasons for companies to understand, analyse, and mitigate negative impacts from their operations, and they are expected to go further and create significant positive outcomes for the community.
This EuroMaTech 5-day participative Developing and Implementing a CSR Framework online training course will assist attendees in learning about how to adopt new and better sustainable business practices to increase the social responsibility of their organisations. This EuroMaTech online training course will focus on how corporate social responsibility (CSR) can deliver a positive and strategic impact on host communities and other local stakeholders, using purpose-built tools and techniques.
Participants in the Developing and Implementing a CSR Framework online training course will develop the following competencies:
- Identification and analysis and Stakeholders expectations and needs
- Application of the ISO 26000 definition of Social Responsibility
- Assessment and management of Sustainability risks
- Assessing the corporate impact on host communities
- Planning for Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Recognition of bad CSR practices in the supply chain
- Management competencies for CSR projects
- Measurement of positive CSR impacts
- Reporting and communicating CSR results
- Using tools and techniques from the SEAT toolbox