An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Combating Risk & Fraud in Procurement
- Format: Classroom, Live/Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Procurement fraud and bribery are the single largest area of loss for businesses and Government departments around the world. This highly engaging EuroMaTech training course on Combating Risk & Fraud in Procurement will prepare managers and professionals involved in all areas of the public and private sectors to recognise combat and manage procurement fraud and bribery risks.
Participants will develop the competences to:
- Implement effective procurement fraud controls
- Build the barriers to procurement fraud to protect their organisation
- Develop an anti-bribery management system
- Put into place the principles that will bribery-proof their business
- Avoid accidental entanglement in the Bribery Act or the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Understanding procurement fraud and bribery –motivations and techniques
- Knowing the international law and commitments to anti-fraud and anti-bribery
- Developing competence in building multiple barriers to fraud
- Becoming aware of the principles and practicalities of bribery-proofing organisations
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals and leaders who wish to know more about avoiding and fraud proofing their organisations
- Personnel directly involved in procurement or contractual activities or relationships who need to know the law, the management and the tools and techniques of controlling fraud and bribery
The Combating Risk & Fraud in Procurement training course will combine presentations, discussion, video materials and extensive case study materials. Delegates are particularly encouraged to engage in discussion of issues that affect themselves and their environmental context in order to assess the present capability of their organisations in anti-bribery and anti-procurement fraud management.
This EuroMaTech training course covers all the essential tools, techniques, philosophies and activities needed to understand, manage and control procurement fraud and anti-bribery activities at an organisational level. The aim of the training course is to equip managers and professional with the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to make effect change where it is needed; to validate present controls and to recommend changes in controls where this may be needed.
Day 1 : Understanding the Context and Motivations behind Procurement Fraud and Bribery
- Defining procurement fraud and bribery
- Understanding the motivations of individuals and organisations that engage in fraud and bribery
- Assess the costs to the organisation and the individual of undetected fraud and bribery
- Recognising the role of everyone in the organisation with regard to fraud and bribery
- Public and Private sector responsibilities
Day 2 : Implementing Effective Anti-Fraud Controls
- Developing effective and proportionate procedures
- Training personnel and suppliers who may encounter procurement fraud
- Communicating policy to all levels in the organisation
- Securing the supply chain at all stages including initiation, storage, transportation, loading and unloading, handovers with other organisations and shipping and clearance documentation
- Monitoring the stages in procurement from pre-qualification to use
- Achieving due diligence
Day 3 : Building Effective Barriers to Procurement Fraud
- Increasing individuals and the organisation’s awareness of fraud risk
- Training staff to identify and signal and suspicion of procurement fraud
- Monitoring of documentation and internal audit as a control and a signal of the organisation’s attitude to fraud
- Assessing staff and their vulnerability to fraud
- Creating effective procedures and monitoring these procedures
- Creating internal barriers to collusion and cooperation that may facilitate corrupt practices
- Auditing suppliers and associated organisations for procurement fraud
- Analysing data and activities in order to flag suspicions of fraud
Day 4 : Bribery Proofing the Organisation – Tools, Techniques and Approaches
- Planning the bribery-proof organisation
- Developing anti-bribery policy and
- Gaining commitment from all levels of the organisation
- Communicating the policies
- Enforcing compliance of organisational anti-bribery rules and procedures
- Achieving due diligence with controlled organisations and business associates
- Monitoring and reviewing the anti-bribery management system.
- Audit and top management review – continuously improving the system
Day 5 : Understanding the International Law, Conventions and Approaches To Anti-Bribery And Anti-Fraud Activities
- The OECD Anti-Bribery Convention and the United Nations Convention against Corruption
- The UK Bribery Act 2010 – bribing another person; bribing a foreign official; consequences of failing to prevent bribery
- The US Foreign Corrupt practices Act 1977 – provisions and scope; enforcement; persons subject to the Act
- Avoiding becoming entangled innocently in foreign bribery and anti-fraud situations
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.