An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Quantitative Risk Assessment Professional
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This highly participative EuroMaTech training course will help you to understand safety critical elements and how to achieve asset integrity management. Barrier systems are used to protect humans and assets from hazards. These barrier systems may be classified as either active or passive barrier systems, and as physical, technical or human/operational barrier systems. Introduction to risk and uncertainty analysis are part of these barrier systems to protect against major hazardous events such as fire, explosions, collisions, etc. Decisions as an outcome of risk analysis help decision makers to prevent, control, mitigate and facilitate safe evacuation from the identified major hazards. This program will employ advanced analytical tools such as fault tree analysis, reliability block diagrams and bowtie modelling for modelling preventative and corrective safety barriers for mitigation and response.
The methodology involved risk assessment, major hazard scenario development, risk analysis identification, establishing a performance standard, developing maintenance, inspection and testing plans, implementing assurance activities and, finally, issuing a key performance indicator.
Participants attending the Quantitative Risk Assessment training course will develop the following competencies:
- How to develop more robust asset integrity maintenance and reliability philosophy
- Learning about asset management integration and learning from incidents of major failures
- Risk and hazards management.
- How to get the most out of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
This Quantitative Risk Assessment training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Recognize the fundamentals of Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Ensure good understanding of hazardous risks
- Establishing safe procedures for operations and maintenance activities
- Selecting effective control measures for hazardous risks
- Establishing effective emergency management plans and emergency response actions
- Learning from failures: decision analysis of major disasters
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech training course will beneficial to:
- Technicians and managers who need knowledge of managing hazardous materials and complex machinery
- Operators, shift supervisors involved in hazardous substances management and programs
- HSE personnel involved in safety management systems
- Super intendents and Engineers required having knowledge of process safety aspects of plant operation
- Reliability & Safety Engineers
- Other personnel interested asset management integrity
The Quantitative Risk Assessment training course covers essential skills such as the iintroduction to the function of asset integrity management and how it integrates with and impacts operations, arrangement of inspection and maintenance cycles for with regards to plant operating equipment, and description of controls and procedures that are observed to control equipment stresses due to continuous or frequent operations.
The Quantitative Risk Assessment Professional training course covers essential skills related to risk analysis such as appreciating safety measures, and learning from major failures as well as from near-misses. This allows you to develop deeper understanding of risk modelling, asset integrity, and analysis of existing and potential safety barriers. This is crucial towards improving the uptime, reducing risk and increasing productivity.
Day 1 - Introduction to Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Safety first
- Learning from failures
- Analyzing near misses, incidents & accidents
- Taxonomy of theories
- Risk analysis and risk assessment, Choice of case studies
- Types of recommendations
- Asset Selection and Criticality Determination
Day 2 - Asset Integrity and Risk Assessment
- Risk Assessment
- Risk and Reliability Analysis
- Risk Priority Number (RPN)
- Iso Critical Curves
- Failure Modes and Mechanisms
- Failure Mode and Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
- Applications of FMEA to the Case of BP Deep Water Horizon.
Day 3 - Inspections, Maintenance, Reliability and Repair Asset Integrity
- Inspection and Maintenance of Systems
- Monitoring of Corrosion and Erosion Damage of Pipelines
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Reliability Block Diagrams (RBD)
- Minimum cut Set Analysis (MCSA)
- Applications of FTA/RBD to the Case of BP Deep Water Horizon.
DAY 4 - Safety Barriers and the Bowtie Method
- Safety Barriers and the Swiss Cheese Model
- The Bowties Risk Analysis Modelling
- Escalation and degradation factors
- The human factor element
- Performance measures for Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM)
DAY 5 - Best Practice Through Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- How to get the most of your Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)?
- Benefits that can result from CMMS
- Optimum Decisions for Maintenance Policies
- The Applications of the Decision Making Grid (DMG)
- How to transform Data to Decisions
- Examples of Approaches and Case Studies. Examine the organizational and managerial considerations for effective maintenance work
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.