An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Certificate in Corporate Governance Best Practice
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
In recent years, corporate governance is one of the cornerstones of any good business. The regulators and legislators have intensified their focus on how businesses are being run. Good corporate governance ensures that an organisation’s board of directors meet regularly, retain control over the business and have clearly defined responsibilities. It also ensures a robust risk management system.
This highly participative Certificate in Corporate Governance training course seeks to provide you with a thorough understanding and knowledge around corporate governance, regulators, corporate governance code, principles, models, policies and best practices to create a solid governance structure that will you to deal professionally with all corporate challenges and risks.
Participants attending the Corporate Governance Best Practice training course will develop the following competencies:
- Understand what Corporate Governance is and why it is important
- Be able to adopt a mechanism for effective governance in your organisation
- Understand the roles and responsibilities for boards and senior management
- Applying the principal components of good Corporate Governance
- Understand how to protect your organization from regulatory risk
This Corporate Governance Best Practice training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understanding the importance of an effective corporate governance practice for your organisation.
- Developing a strong core knowledge of corporate governance framework
- Understand the roles of Board of Directors (BOD), Board Committees, auditors, senior management, and executives Boards
- Assess the policies and procedures for dealing professionally with shareholders, regulators and other authorities
- Applying internal control mechanisms in your corporation
- Exploring opportunities to support your directors and managers control a company and make right decisions for all the shareholders.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech training course is designed specifically for professionals at all the level of an organization.
- Board Directors , Mangers and leaders
- Executive assistant
- Assistant Company secretary
- Internal and external auditors
- Internal control department
- Accountants and financial department
- Governance, risk or compliance manager/officer
- Legal advisors
- Human resource professionals
- Shareholders and other top management
- Any other professional interested in knowing more about the corporate governance best practices
The Corporate Governance Best Practice training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of best practises in good corporate governance to the particular needs of their workplace.
The Certificate in Corporate Governance Best Practice training course covers essential knowledge and skills such as general principles of corporate governance, Legal and regulatory aspects of corporate governance. The board of directors/board of governors, Application of governance rules and principles, Relations with shareholders , Reporting to shareholders and external audit, Risk management and internal control and corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
Day 1 - Introduction to Corporate Governance
- What is Corporate Governance
- Objectives of corporate governance
- Models of Corporate Governance
- Different theories about Corporate Governance
- Code of ethics and Governance
- Pillars of Corporate Governance
Day 2 - Structure of Corporate Governance
- Principles of Corporate Governance
- Roles & responsibilities of Board and executive mangers
- Board committees
- Corporate social responsibility
- Internal control system
- The Compliance function in your organization
Day 3 - Principles of Good Corporate Governance
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Disclosure and Transparency
- Leadership and stakeholder management
- Investor protection
- Shareholder relationships
- Fairness and Assurance
Day 4 - Risk Management and Measuring Performance
- Risk Management process
- Risk assessment policy
- Fraud prevention, detection, and investigation
- Compliance with the regulatory environment
- Strategic control and review mechanisms
- Monitoring and Measuring Progress and Performance
Day 5 - Best Practices for Corporate Governance
- Exiting of certified board of directors
- Committee Structure – Board Committees
- Robust and Clear roles and responsibilities
- Aligning strategies with your organization’s objectives
- Being accountable, responsible, and transparent
- Possessing a high level of conducts and integrity
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.