Boiler is an essential component of modern power plant as well as in any process and petrochemical plant. Modern boiler has to produce steam in an efficient and safe manner with the lowest operational cost that is practical. The safety of steam production and boiler operation presents important element in the overall steam production management. Boiler operation has to be in an environmentally acceptable way, including the aspects of combustion, but also chemical water treatment and other safety considerations.
This EuroMaTech training course will cover many important aspects of boiler operation, combustion control and feed water management. Methods of efficiency improvement of the boiler operation will be explained and discussed. Best practices for preventive and corrective maintenance based on inspection according to Codes & Standards will be explained and discussed. Problems in boiler operation will be discussed and problem-solving and troubleshooting will be illustrated through several real-world case studies and presented in the form of training courses. Maintenance and repair of the auxiliary mechanical equipment such as fans and pumps will be explained in detail.
Participants on the Boilers training course will develop the following competencies:
- Better understanding of boiler and steam generator technologies
- Parallel operation for generators
- Knowledge about effective operation and maintenance of boilers
- Complete understanding of water treatment and its impact on boiler performance
- Applying modern maintenance techniques for boilers (RBI, FMEA and RCA)
- Modern techniques for boiler control systems and close monitoring