The overall aim of an appraisal is to set (and then achieve) mutually beneficial SMART objectives that drive the individual forward within the context of the business and environment that they are working in. In order to do this, there are a number of factors we need to 'get right' from creating the right environment to having the right people and importantly having the right conversations.
This 2-day EuroMaTech online training workshop will look to help you to build the necessary skills to have effective, meaningful conversations with your people supported by useful tools and processes.
During the workshop you will be introduced to the appraisal conversation beyond the form and learn more about how this fits in with the 9 box performance grid, your company pay scale and your businesses values, gaining a greater understanding of how to communicate this to your teams and how to use these tools to help people drive their career.
We will also look at preparing for the appraisal, including gathering information and evidence and importantly how to give quality feedback utilising a combination of feedback models. Participants will have the opportunity to practice and refine these skills throughout the workshop using examples and scenarios. This will all culminate in the setting of effective SMART targets that maintain high standards and drive people forward through their careers.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Promote the benefits of candidates developing their knowledge, skills and behaviours
- How to collect relevant performance and behavioural information and turn this in to meaningful feedback
- How to ask insightful questions, along with how and where to probe for information and an understanding of your people
- Agreeing scoring for previous performance with your people, ensuring a balanced, objective outcome
- How to set meaningful SMART objectives that will drive performance, growth and intrinsic fulfilment with and for your people, team and business