An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Advanced Fx Risk Management
Enhancing your Financial Risk Management Skills: Mitigation, Control & Management
- Format: Classroom, Live/Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This pragmatic and highly beneficial EuroMaTech training course is designed to equip business managers, consultants and financial professionals with the terminology, quantitative tools and the strategic mind-set required to navigate in the complex financial environment associated with Foreign Exchange risk assessment, mitigation and management.
The aim of this EuroMaTech Training course is to examine key qualitative and quantitative financial risk techniques, highlighting the regulators expectation, detailing industry sound practices and discussing how these can be used to derive real business benefits.
Participants attending the Advanced FX Risk Management training course will develop the following competencies:
- FX trading techniques
- Root Cause Analysis and PDCA
- Value at Risk (VaR) and scoring methods
- Hedging and risk mitigation
- Derivative products
This Advanced FX Risk Management training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understand the implications of the efficient markets’ Hypothesis
- Define the sources, types and components of Risk
- Appraise the quantitative and qualitative measures of Risk: Value at Risk (VaR), and the scoring method
- Learn how to mitigate and manage FX risk through derivative products?
- Identify the main strategies to minimize FX exposure
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech Advanced FX Risk Management training course is designed for anyone who needs to answer the question: What are the financial risks my company is exposed to? If today is a bad "Market/trading day", how much money is my company expected to lose?
- Current and potential Managers and business leaders at all levels
- Those responsible for developing and leading strategic financial operations
- Professionals in banking, financial services, banking regulatory agencies, consulting firms
- Staff Members responsible for financial controls
- Non finance Managers with financial responsibilities
The Advanced FX Risk Management training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of Fx Risk Management to the particular needs of their workplace.
This Advanced Fx Risk Management training course covers essential skills such as Risk measurements techniques both quantitatively or qualitatively, confidence to handle challenging and complex FX transactions and how to mitigate different FX exposures.
Day 1 - Foreign Exchange Markets
- Foreign Exchange Rate Regimes/Systems
- The Nature of the Foreign Exchange Market
- Market Size & Types of Transactions
- (FOREX) Exchange Rate Quotations
- Calculating Forward Rates & their Cost/Benefit
- The Determinants of Exchange Rates: Purchasing Power Parity Theory & Interest Rate Parity Theory
Day 2 - Financial Risk and Risk Management
- Measures of Risk and Return
- Determinant of required rate of return
- Relationship between Risk and Return
- The five steps of Risk Management ( in the context of Financial Markets)
- Techniques to evaluate Financial Risk: Value at Risk ( VaR), Scoring
Day 3 - Introduction to Derivative Markets
- Terminology and structure of Forward and Futures Markets
- Language and structure of Option Markets
- Investing with Derivative Securities
- The relationship between Forward and Option Contracts
- OTC vs. exchange traded derivatives
Day 4 - Managing Exchange Rate Risk
- Defining and Identifying Exchange Rate Risk
- Measuring and Evaluating the Risk
- Determining the Risk Management Strategy – assessing impact and probability
- Internal Hedging Techniques
- External Hedging Techniques & Strategies
- Forward Exchange Contracts, - Fixed and Option
Day 5 - Trading Techniques and Strategies in Foreign Exchange Markets
- The Six Forces of Forex
- Fundamental Analysis and Leading Market Indicators
- Technical Analysis and Patterns and Forecast Methods
- The 20 Issues you must consider dealing with Forex Markets
- Tips for Successful Trading in Forex Markets
- Simulation: a Trading day in Forex Platform
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.