An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Advanced Digital Diplomacy & Building Mental Image
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This highly participative advanced training course will help you build positive mental image of the country, community, institution, local and international organization among other nations with engagement of the tools of digital diplomacy.
The gained skills will help you enhance the country’s presence among other nations, rebuild the damaged image and eliminate and reduce international pressure to have negative impact on nation branding initiatives.
By applying the public diplomacy skills of building mental image, you will have a huge effect on the nation’ soft power, its attractiveness and persuasiveness both locally and internationally.
Participants attending the Advanced Digital Diplomacy & Building Mental Image training course will develop the following competencies:
- Projecting mental image of the country, community, organization and institution
- Effective communication, and engagement in international relations in digitalized diplomacy
- Efficient use of information and communications technology (ICT) and social media platforms to gain reputation and trustworthiness
- Measuring the effectiveness of nation branding and mental image building
This Advanced Digital Diplomacy & Building Mental Image training course aims to enable participants to develop and implement skills with tangible impact on the delivery of the following objectives:
- Understanding in-depth concepts of selfie diplomacy
- Methods of cresting positive mental image of the country, community, organization, and institution to the outside world
- Skills to use nation branding initiatives to reshape the stakeholders’ opinions and create more favourable and lasting image among the international audience
- Techniques to communicate effectively in public diplomacy to build country’s soft power
- Developing confidence in handling challenging situations regarding reputation and trustworthiness
- Techniques of effective use of twiplomacy
- Being familiar with the power of rhetoric in digital diplomacy
- Ability to measure mental image
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Current and prospective diplomats in government departments and government agencies
- Leaders of cities fostering and sustaining the economic growth
- Marketing officers for nation branding around the world
- Civil servants working in international relations
- Public affairs managers and government relations managers
- Journalists of local and international media
- Business owners who interact with diplomats or are planning to expand into other countries and regions
- Leaders of think tanks and NGOs engaged in public diplomacy
- Members of cultural organizations
- Local and international opinion leaders
The Advanced Digital Diplomacy & Building Mental Image training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises and debates supported by video materials, activities and significant number of examples and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating to the principles of building country’s unique national identity in the digitalized diplomacy.
The Advanced Digital Diplomacy & Building Mental Image training course provides a comprehensive knowledge and understanding on how the tools of digital diplomacy can enhance and defend the mental image of the country, community, organization, or institution. It also covers the skills how to use soft power techniques to project country’s uniqueness among other nations, and builds confidence to handle challenging situations occurring via ICT and social media platforms.
This allows participants to develop deep knowledge and skills understanding of globalised and interdependent issues of cresting mental image of the country among its international stakeholders. This is crucial in changing a current position of the country on the global mental map to a more favourable one.
DAY 1 - Digital diplomacy and mental image concept
- Selfie diplomacy – in-depth concept of digital diplomacy
- Projecting country’s positive image to the outside world
- Perceptions, responses, and emotions
- Dimensions of mental image
- Self-mental, desired, and perceived mental images and their sources
- Stereotypes and misinformation
DAY 2 - Soft power and nation branding in digital diplomacy
- Employing soft power to create and enhance good mental image
- Managing nation branding through ICT and social media platforms
- Public diplomacy and perceptions of attractiveness and trustworthiness
- Competitive Identity
- Reframing the mental image
Day 3 - Opportunities and challenges of digital diplomacy
- Artificial Intelligence and its role in public diplomacy
- Efficacy of cultural diplomacy – educational, institutional, and cultural participation
- Challenges the digital diplomacy posed to branding nation’s image and reputation
- Internal and external factors contributing to positive and negative images
- Position on the global mental map
Day 4 - Twiplomacy and leader’s rhetoric
- Rhetorical diplomacy in digitalized public diplomacy
- Power of rhetorical ethos in diplomatic practice
- Social media in facilitating interstate dialogue
- Preventive diplomacy through argumentation
- Creating an image, raising emotions and redefining identity
Day 5 - Measuring the effectiveness of mental image building
- Understanding stakeholders and influencers
- Measuring mental image and behaviour of the nation to the world
- Research, data collection and technology-driven tools
- Analazing a variety of data to create impactful public diplomacy
- Transforming data into insights
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.