- Principles, Applications and Performance of Pumps, Compressors and Turbines 31 - 04 Feb 2021
- The Practical Leader: Developing and Leading High Performing Teams 31 - 04 Feb 2021
- Strategic Thinking and Leadership for Engineers 31 - 04 Feb 2021
- Electric Submersible Pumps (ESPs) 31 - 04 Feb 2021
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) 31 - 04 Feb 2021
- Project Management & Compliance 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Effective Supply Chain, Warehouse and Inventory Management 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Leadership and Management Skills for Supervisors 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Managing & Leading Strategic Communication 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Health, Safety & Environment in Engineering Projects 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Logistic and Supply Chain 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Advanced Contracts Management 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Engineering Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Electrical & Instrumentation Design, Installation & Operation: 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Emotional Intelligence Strategies 07 - 09 Feb 2021
- Advanced Budgeting & Forecasting 07 - 11 Feb 2021
- Decision Making in Projects (Engineering) 14 - 18 Feb 2021
- Cooling Towers: Operation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting 14 - 18 Feb 2021
- e-Procurement : Developing, Implementing and Managing the Complete Process 14 - 15 Feb 2021
- Managing People & Strategy 14 - 18 Feb 2021
An Intensive 3-Day Online Training Course
The Art of Strategic Thinking in a Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) Environment
30 May - 01 Jun 2021
Live / Online
US $ 1,800
When professionals are promoted to leadership positions, there is an expectation that brilliance in technical disciplines will translate to leadership excellence and strategic outlook, overnight. It is however not true. With the world becoming more volatile and uncertain, different skills and knowledge are required to make decisions, lead and inspire people.
This EuroMaTech online training course has been specifically developed to build on skills and knowledge of professionals to expand and develop strong leadership and strategic thinking capabilities within a complex and fast changing industry. With a balanced mix between strategic analysis, leadership and management, it will help participants expand their mindset and acquire specific practical strategic thinking and leadership skills.
The Art of Strategic Thinking in VUCA Environment online training course, aims to expand participants’ knowledge of modern strategic analysis and decision making, develop hands-on leadership skills and provide a productive environment to practice business decision making, communication and influence techniques for successful strategy implementation. It is designed to provide a solid foundation in key leadership competencies and to give the attendees the opportunity for a truly transformational leadership experience.
As a result of attending this EuroMaTech online training course, the participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of leadership and strategic thinking in volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous business environment
- Recognise the difference between management and leadership
- Understand and apply key tools and techniques used in strategic management
- Set direction and formulate goals in uncertainty
- Understand external trends and internal capabilities
- Identify and evaluate strategic alternatives in complex and ambiguous environment
- Understand the principles of effective leadership and strategy implementation
- Effectively manage stakeholdersand deal with organizational change
Who Should Attend?
This EuroMaTech online training course, will benefit professionals and managers who are interested in expanding their strategic thinking and strive to become truly influential leaders.
This online training course will equally appeal to employees in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
This EuroMaTech online training course is highly interactive and practical. Participants learn through a range of teaching and personal development methods including presentations, tutorials, real life case studies, worked examples, short team exercises and video presentations. Active participation and involvement is encouraged throughout the programme to promote the sharing of ideas and expertise within the group.
This hands-on online training course is structured to balance theoretical and practical considerations from organisational behaviour, strategic management, behavioural economicsand social psychology to provide participants with strategic thinking capabilities and leadership skills.
With multiple short case studies, exercises and facilitated discussions of real life experiences, this course aims to share a wealth of practical tools and methodologies developed through years of management and consulting experience.
Day 1: Strategic Thinking
- What is strategy and strategic thinking in a VUCA world?
- Managing vs leading
- Leadership theory and practical leadership competencies for professionals in 21st century
- Strategic management models and frameworks
- Setting objectives in uncertainty
Day 2: Fundamentals of Strategic Analysis
- Strategic analysis tools and techniques
- Customer and stakeholder analysis, value proposition
- Understanding the challenges and opportunities facing the business and industry
- Identifying and evaluating resources and capabilities
- Key result areas
- Formulating and considering alternative solutions
Day 3: Crafting and Evaluating Strategies through Critical Thinking
- Scenario analysis
- Rational choice,decisions under certainty, risk and uncertainty
- Contemporary concepts in risk management
- Drawing warranted conclusions and making justified recommendations
- A holistic approach to strategy implementation
Do you wish
on this course?
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars
Do you want to see
Visit our online program finder
Want this Seminar for
Please let you know if you wish to conduct this seminar on an in-house basisGet a proposal