People provide the only real competitive edge you have in business. Proper Talent Management, including Competency Frameworks, Succession Planning, and Career Path Planning and Performance Management are vital to all organisations, particularly during times of change, globalisation and increased competition. This programme will not confuse you with mathematics and formula; rather it will focus on the practical and ‘real world’ application of these areas in contemporary organisations.
This highly practical and relevant programme presents a systematic approach to Competency Frameworks, Succession Planning, and Career Path Planning and Performance Management. This programme will highlight:
- Determining the requirements of the business
- Talent management and succession planning (and what is the difference)
- Competency frameworks and how to understand them
- Career path planning for employees
- Performance management and efficient appraisal systems
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is great introduction to the important areas of succession planning, competency frameworks, and career path planning and performance management. The programme is targeted at personnel from the Performance and Development division.
It is also suitable for anyone who is responsible for managing talent in an organisation, ie:
- HR Professionals and HR Staff at all levels
- Resourcing and Recruitment Personnel
- Talent Management Specialists
- Capability Development Professionals
- HR Business Partners
- Strategic Planners
- HR or Manpower Planners
- Succession Planners
- Anyone involved in Nationalisation initiatives
- Technical staff who have moved into the HR area without formal HR training
- Managers who need to develop their skills and expertise in the areas covered
- Understand what HR planning is, and how it can contribute to organisational effectiveness
- Understand the advantages and limitations of competency frameworks
- Analyse the practical use of succession planning
- Learn the fundamental processes of effective performance management
- Apply the use of career path planning in your organization
This programme will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion.
There will also be practical sessions where participants have the opportunity to practice and experience training related activities. Realistic and fun exercises, short video presentations, small group work, case studies, exercises and feedback, will be used to facilitate learning.
Effective HR Planning and Talent Management, including Competency Frameworks, Succession Planning, and Career Path Planning and Performance Management can be a significant asset to organisational efficiency and it can result in a supply of suitable employees in the right place and time, at the right cost. This programme aims to equip participants to apply strategies for the most effective and powerful use of human resources.
Day 1 - An Introduction to People Planning
- The context for planning & succession
- People as a competitive edge – why people matter
- HR as a strategic tool
- The processes of Human Resource Planning (HRP)
- The difficulties of planning explored
Day 2 - Succession Planning and Talent Management
- Managing your ‘people inventory’
- Management continuity
- Succession planning
- Methods for succession planning
- Talent management and succession planning compared
Day 3 - Competency Frameworks
- Understanding competency frameworks
- Basic principles of competency
- Developing a competency framework
- The practical use of competencies
- Strengths and weaknesses
Day 4 - Performance Management
- Understanding performance management
- Implementing a successful appraisal scheme
- Types of assessment and appraisal systems
- Common reasons for failure and mistakes made
- Performance management in a multi-cultural setting
Day 5 - Career Path Planning
- Putting it all Together
- What is a career and why it matters?
- Techniques for career planning explored
- Career Planning and its relationship to Succession Planning
- Personal action planning
This activity has been pre-approved by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI). Participants attending this training session are entitled to receive: 25 General Recertification Credit Hours.The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit
Employee Assistance Certification Commission (EACC), an autonomous credentialing body established by EAPA to maintain and administer all aspects of the CEAP® program, has approved this course for 25 professional Development Hours (PDHs).he use of this logo is not an endorsement by EAPA of the quality of the course. It means that this course has met the EAPA’s criteria to the pre-approved for CEAP® certification or recertification PDHs.