There has been a dramatic change in the way that we do business with rapid advances in technology and the breaking down of global and traditional industry barriers. Strategic procurement is a complex process, which has the potential to provide many benefits to the organization in the form of lower costs, higher quality, improved customer satisfaction and improved supplier performance.
Procurement teams used to be seen as about processing paperwork, but it is now understood that they are key to ensuring that the whole organisation has the right equipment and services, has costs under control, and can deliver the right Quality and Added Value. This requires teams with a complete set of Strategic Skills and appropriate Management approaches, who know where and how they can add value to their organisations. This EuroMaTech training course explores all the skills need by Professional Purchasers and Procurement Personnel, and helps delegates to practice and refine their skills in a no risk environment.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Strategically focused job descriptions for buyers
- Select the right purchasing approach for each purchase
- Select suppliers for short and long term success
- Increased skill sets in strategic sourcing
- Manage suppliers
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Manage cross-functional purchasing approaches
- Greater abilities in leading continuous improvement programmes
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals working in Procurement, Purchasing or Buying
- Buyers / Purchasing Professionals in business, government and the military
- Buyers working for private companies
- Purchasing section heads
- Users and Technical Specifiers
- Project personnel working with contractors
Professionals in Contracting or other roles who wish to understand purchasing and improve the interaction with their function will also benefit from this Strategic Skills for Procurement training course.
This EuroMaTech training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understand the role of Professional Purchasers
- Learn about and practice the key skills Purchasers need to have
- The essential requirements for Purchasing Management
- Team structures and roles
- The benefits of improved purchasing
- Implementing changes within the team and with other departments
- Strategies and tactics for improved buying
- The uses of tendering, negotiation and other approaches
- Measuring and Improving Purchasing Performance
- Examine how to become more strategic in Purchasing Activities
- Determine a best approach to Global Sourcing
- Review process for international purchasing
- Analyze ways of managing suppliers more effectively
- Enhance negotiating skills
- Learn ways to deal with economic uncertainties
Participants will learn by active participation during the Strategic Skills for Procurement training course through the use of programme materials, exercises, role playing, video presentations and discussions on “real life” issues in their own and each other’s organizations.
The main goal of this EuroMaTech training course is to provide participants with an intensive grounding in the theory and practice of modern Strategic Procurement. The training course has been designed to cover an array of essential Purchasing and Management skills while focusing on those that are most critical to personal and business success. The emphasis of the training course will be on the most powerful methods and proven techniques for improving personal effectiveness.
Delegates will leave the programme with new ideas and processes that they can implement immediately with a confidence in their own skills.
Day 1 : Purchasing in the Organisation
- What is the role of Purchasing in modern organisations?
- What is international Best Practice?
- What do other functions want from Purchasing?
- Supply Chain Management Concepts
- Essentials for Effective Purchasing
- Stages to world class procurement
- Developing The Strategic Plan For The Procurement Activity
- Procurement performance measurement
Day 2 : Essential Skills for Purchasing
- Purchasing Segmentation
- Supplier Intelligence and planning
- Supplier Selection
- Supplier reduction and optimization
- Requests for Information and Requests for Quotation
- Contract Law and ethics
- Use of Tendering, negotiation, direct sourcing and e-commerce
Day 3 : Strategic Sourcing
- Starting the Strategic Sourcing Process
- Creating time to be more strategic
- New job descriptions for supply management
- Relations With Other Functions
- Developing the Procurement Price Index
- Dealing with issues of ethics
Day 4 : Procurement Skills
- Stock control and Effective order quantities
- Value Analysis
- Cost analysis
- Total Cost of Ownership & Capital Equipment Life Cycle Costing
- Measuring Suppliers
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Procurement
Day 5 : International Sourcing
- Global sourcing
- International buying process
- International Labour Rates
- Locating international sources
- Source evaluation criteria
- Managing exchange rate risk
- Action Planning for implementation
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.