The roles of Administrative Professionals, Secretaries and PAs in business are continually evolving. Therefore this engaging, practical and interactive EuroMaTech training course is designed to provide an opportunity to review and develop vital Organising and Behavioural skills to maximise personal effectiveness.
It is also designed to:
- Build and enhance personal and role reputation across any organisation
- Strengthen personal and role credibility
- Enable a more productive and effective way of working
These vital roles within any organisation provide essential support to many and therefore the training course primarily focuses on the development of role ‘capability’ and the development towards role ‘commitment’.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- This EuroMaTech training course is specifically aimed at Secretaries, Personal Assistants and Administrative Professionals who want to develop and enhance their role within their organisation, who may have had training in the past but need to understand what a 21st Century role looks, sounds and feels like
- It is also for people new to a role, to set them on a path of continued success
- Enhance and develop skills of a 21st Century Secretary, PA or Administrative Professional
- Strengthen the appreciation, value and importance of the role of a Secretary, PA or Administrative Professional
- Understand organisations and their purpose to aid in working effectively and therefore becoming aligned with the organisational needs
This Organising and Behavioural Skills training course is designed to encourage discussion and will enable personal examples to be shared. It also provides a variety of opportunities to reflect back and consider outputs to date and consider how to become more of a 21st Century Secretary, PA or Administrative Professional. Practical exercises and simple, easy to use models will form the basis of the programme enabling participants to gain a sense of achievement and leave adopting a ‘can do’ attitude.
Developing confidence and capability in any role is vital to success in the role as well as personal success. This Organising and Behavioural Skills training course specifically aims to help participants at whatever level they identify their strengths and developmental areas are and leave with the desire to apply what have they have learned and with the energy and excitement to put into practice newly acquired skills and knowledge.
Day 1 - Understanding roles and the organisation
- What is your role? It’s to S.M.I.L.E
- Key skills of a 21st Century Secretary, PA or Admin Professional
- Understand the role of your Manager and how your support is vital to their success
- Understand your business – it’s about Organisational and Situational Knowledge
- The importance of Chronistic Intelligence and continuous Self Development along with having Self-Belief
- The key Principles to Effective time management – let’s get organised!
Day 2 - Organisation Skills
- Benefits of effective Time Management to you, your Manager and the organisation
- Understand how to create a well-defined plan and set attainable goals to give you the best chance of success and to help you become as organised as you can
- C.R.A.F.T your role for ultimate success – it’s in your hands!
- Understand the importance of prioritising and determine where your tasks come from and how you can be more effective at achieving them
- Recognising and Managing Stress – the symptoms and effects
- Identify Stress Strategies and Stress Removers
- Change is constant – manage yourself and others through it. Identify the emotional change curve that everyone experiences
Day 3 - Organisation Skills continued/behavioural Skills - The Essentials
- The ‘Art of Delegation’ and learn how to say ‘no’ when you cannot say ‘yes’
- Learn how to be more assertive and deal with any potential conflict more effectively
- Manage your Manager to be more organised – determine expectations and stick to them!
- Learn how to give feedback when expectations are not met. If you don’t provide feedback, nothing will change
- Creating a professional image – what’s your intention? How do you want to be seen?
- Understand how your behaviour can help you create a positive impression in the eyes of others – it’s about your Words, Music and Dance
- Uncover the world of effective communication, the process of effective communication and the vital components of ‘Sender/Receiver’
- Barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them and the benefits of doing so
Day 4 - Behavioural Skills - The Essentials Continued
- Communication alternatives – Over the telephone and written communications
- Establish ‘Telephony Etiquette’ and the 6F’s to telephony success
- Uncover the 4 point plan to writing letters and emails – it also includes the 4C’s to written communication success
- Develop and demonstrate knowledge and capability regarding Editing and Proof-Reading – vital skills for written communications
- Determine the difference between ‘reports’ and ‘proposals’ and the components of each acting as a point of support for others
- Learn how to make proposals to others giving you the best chance of getting your ideas accepted
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of world class presentations to aid others or yourself in developing and delivering more professional presentation
Day 5 - Understanding Teams and others/continous personal development
- Understand team dynamic and stage of team development to help you provide the right support at the right time
- Learn how to behave and communicate with just about anyone
- Understand people’s work personalities and sensory preferences and how this will aid you in supporting others effectively
- Discover people’s learning styles to understand how best to approach them when you need something done
- The importance of Continuous Improvement and Personal Development
- Uncover the WIN/LEARN/CHANGE model and how this will help you become the best you can be
- Programme review and action planning