Planning and managing shutdowns, turnarounds and outages in the process plant environment is a complex and demanding function. If turnarounds are not properly planned, managed and controlled, companies run the risk of serious budget overruns, costly schedule delays and negative impacts on customers.
This programme, includes the core planning technique of Critical Path Planning and the Earned Value method of progress and cost control applied to the shutdown and turnaround environment and addresses, in an integrated manner, the key activities involved in the safe, effective shutdown, turnaround and outage management and introduces participants to the full range of best practices techniques and knowledge.
In this programme you will learn about:
- The overall shutdown management process
- How to develop the scope of work and control for late work
- The Critical Path Method of Planning and Control
- Earned Value and Hours Analysis for process and cost control
- Effective workforce management and organisation
- How to manage risks, health, safety and environment issues in a shutdown/turnaround environment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Is designed to be beneficial for both the owner’s and contractor’s staff, who are involved in the planning, co-ordination and execution of plant shutdowns and turnarounds
- Is especially valuable for turnaround managers and coordinators, planning/scheduling and cost control staff, construction superintendents and supervisors, operations coordinators, project engineers and contract administrators. Participation from inspection, materials, safety and maintenance engineering is also encouraged
- To enhance the company’s turnaround management capabilities, and to ensure a team approach in the planning and execution of plant shutdowns and turnarounds
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of effective turnaround management techniques and implementation
- Create awareness of strategic planning methods and an integrated organisational approach in the execution of successful turnarounds
Incorporate latest developments in turnaround planning and management techniques and emerging industry trends
- Make the turnaround planning and execution process efficient, professionally rewarding and with the minimum stress and conflict
Managing Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages
Managing Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages is a hands-on, stimulating learning experience.
The programme will be highly interactive, with opportunities to advance your opinions and ideas. Participation is encouraged in a supportive environment.
To ensure the concepts introduced during the programme are understood, they will be reinforced through a mix of learning methods, including lecture style presentation, open discussion, case studies, simulations and group work.
Organisations who expose participants to the training and development experience provided by this programme will be contributing to building a core of knowledgeable and skilled staff who will be able to add value through their contributions to more effective preparation, planning, scheduling, execution and control of shutdowns and turnarounds.
They will be able to contribute in leadership or operational roles, both with knowledge and skills to ensure shutdowns and turnarounds are effectively planned, scheduled andexecuted and leverage these techniques to improve productivity and cost effectiveness.