- Financial Analysis: 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Enhancing Job Performance: Skills for Achieving Personal and Organisational Goals 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Training Material and eLearning Design and Development 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Leadership and Management Skills for Supervisors 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Organization of Quality Control for Geological Exploration QA/QC 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Boilers: Operation, Maintenance, Inspection, Control and Troubleshooting 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Change Management and Building High Performing Teams 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Developing Purchasing Policies, Processes & Service Level Agreements 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Gas Processing 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Electricity Economics and Markets 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Google Analytics 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Data Science Product Owner 26 - 28 Sep 2021
- Project Management for Contract Professionals 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Best Practice in Project Leadership and Communication 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Leading & Managing Vendor Relations 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- LV, MV and HV Circuit Breakers 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Oil & Gas Commercial Contracts and Negotiation Skills 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Human Resource Management for Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Sectors 27 - 29 Sep 2021
- The 5-day Contract Professional MBA 03 - 07 Oct 2021
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) 03 - 07 Oct 2021
An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Maritime Business Management
28 Nov - 02 Dec 2021
Live / Online
US $ 2,400
17 - 21 Jul 2022
Live / Online
US $ 2,400
27 Nov - 01 Dec 2022
Live / Online
US $ 2,400
The Maritime Industry and the world of maritime business have evolved over the centuries to meet the needs of international trade and industry. The basic principles of maritime business management too have evolved over the years with the demands of international commerce and industry.
Present international trade trends have changed with raw materials being shipped in bulk in one direction, and ﬁnished products being shipped in the other direction. The nature of shipping within the maritime framework and its importance to the national economy has driven many countries to up their game in the Maritime transport sector by improving their know-how and ability to compete with the best in a global competitive environment.
EuroMaTech’s Maritime Business Management online training course will give you a thorough and up to-date understanding of the complex driving forces behind the industry. Develop your maritime industry awareness at the same time build up your business administration knowledge and skills to assist you in developing your management ability to meet your challenges boost your effectiveness.
This online training course is aimed to enable you to; (1) Develop professionals who engage with appropriate and relevant general and specialist knowledge in relation to technological aspects of maritime activities, (2) Practice research and problem solving involved in management of maritime operations, capital assets, equipment and human resources, (3) Engage with practice informed by theory across the disciplines relating to the sector including operations and economics, technology, the environment, law, business accounting, as well as management and leadership, (4) Critically evaluate historical cases and current practices and identify opportunities for innovation and change.
Participants attending the Maritime Business Management online training course will develop the following competencies:
- Understanding of the fundamental aspects of the Maritime Industry and its economic, legal and financial drivers.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of Maritime Law and rules that regulate the maritime industry.
- Increase participants understanding of the role of Maritime organisations and their processes.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on recent developments issues relating to legal, compliance, financial and insurance matters affecting the industry.
EuroMaTech’s Maritime Business Management online course aims to help participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Define the role and objectives of marine business management within an organization
- Understand the importance of compliance of international regulations
- Realize the need for proper legal documentation and financial control.
- Know the different types of cargoes and ships
- Familiarise oneself with INCOTERMS and freight documentation
- Develop professionals who engage with appropriate and relevant general and specialist knowledge in relation to maritime activities.
- Critically evaluate current practices and identify opportunities for innovation and change through interactive sessions and case studies.
Who Should Attend?
Maritime Business Management online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals employed in Maritime Industry, but it will be particularly beneficial to:
- CEO, COO, CFO
- Fleet Managers
- Ship Managers
- Harbour Masters
- Legal Counsel
- Financial Officers
- Technical Managers
- Marine Operations Personnel
- Business Development Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Maritime and Logistics Executives
- Maritime Executives
- Ship Engineers
This EuroMatech online training course will combine presentations with instructor-guided interactive discussions between participants relating to their individual workplace. Practical exercises, video material and case studies aiming at stimulating these discussions and providing maximum benefit to the participants will support the training.
This EuroMaTech online training course on Maritime Business Management covers the essential areas of the Maritime Industry that affect the business decisions. Participants will acquire and develop essential knowledge of maritime organisations, maritime economics, law and insurance issues and financial management that will improve their skills and competence while at the same time updating them on the industry’s most recent trends and developments. The Programme will provide a sound grounding and the knowledge to enable participants to seek positions of greater responsibility and progress into higher managerial and strategic positions.
Day 1 : Marine Industry, UN organisations, UNCLOS, & Processes
- Maritime organisations – roles and responsibilities
- Overview of UNCLOS
- Territorial Maritime Limits
- Vessel Traffic & Monitoring
- Ship Reporting & monitoring
- RO-RO Shipments & Freight Documentation
Day 2 : Maritime Economics
- Shipping and the economy
- Shipping and Market cycles
- The 4 shipping markets
- The supply and demand for Sea Transport
- Freight rates
- Trading areas flows
- The economics of Newbuilds and Second-hand ships
- Politics & economics
Day 3 : Financial Management in a Maritime Business
- Understanding financial terms
- Issues of Financing in the maritime industry
- The financial aspects of cargo management
- The operating statement
- Breakeven and decision making (cost / revenue relationships)
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Financial Controls
Day 4 : Ship Cargoes and Vessels
- Types and Nature of Marine Cargo
- Types of cargo vessels
- The Port System
- The development of containerization
- Intermodalism – Multimodal Information and the International Supply Chain
- The Liner Bill of Lading, The Through Bill of Lading, The Booking Note, Time Charter (BoxTime, Slot Charters (SlotHire)
- Marine Cargo Documentation & payment Terms
- Customs Maritime Cargo Reporting & Controls
- The Duty of Disclosure, Dangerous Goods and Port information
- Cargo Stowage and Loading
Day 5 : Legal & Insurance Issues
- Maritime, cargo legislation and cargo contracts
- Marine Insurance
- The Marine Insurance Contract
- Risk Management & Insurance
- P & I Clubs
- Particular Average
- General Average
- Hull and Cargo Insurance
Do you wish
on this course?
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars
Do you want to see
Visit our online program finder
Want this Seminar for
Please let you know if you wish to conduct this seminar on an in-house basisGet a proposal