Planning and managing shutdowns, turnarounds and outages in the process plant environment is a complex and demanding function. If turnarounds are not properly planned, managed and controlled, companies run the risk of serious budget overruns, costly schedule delays and negative impacts on customers.
This EuroMaTech training course, includes the core techniques of quality planning critical path scheduling, resource optimisation and the earned value method of progress and cost control. Applying these techniques in an integrated manner together with work breakdown structures, milestone planning and contractor management will produce the outcomes that the organisation needs to ensure the sustain its business going forward.
In this Managing Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages (STO) training course, you will learn about:
- The overall shutdown management process
- How to develop the scope of work and control for late work
- Planning with quality in mind
- The critical path method of planning and control
- Contracting STO work and dealing with contractors
- Controlling progress
- Controlling risks, hazards and other STO issues in a shutdown / turnaround environment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech training course would undoubtedly be of immense value and interest to:
- Both the owner’s and contractor’s staff, who are involved in the planning, co-ordination and execution of plant shutdowns and turnarounds
- Is especially valuable for turnaround managers and coordinators, planning / scheduling and cost control staff, construction superintendents and supervisors, operations coordinators, project engineers and contract administrators. Participation from inspection, materials, safety and maintenance engineering is also encouraged
By the end of this training course, delegates will be able to:
- To enhance the company’s turnaround management capabilities, and to ensure a team approach in the planning and execution of plant shutdowns and turnarounds
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of effective turnaround management techniques and implementation
- Create awareness of planning methods and an integrated organisational approach in the execution of successful turnarounds
- Incorporate latest developments in turnaround planning and management techniques and emerging industry trends
- Develop an action plan to improve their own turnaround management techniques
- Have a much clearer understanding of their own and every other team members role in ensuring a successful turnaround
Managing Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages is a hands-on, stimulating learning experience.
This EuroMaTech training course will be highly interactive, with opportunities to advance your opinions and ideas. Participation is encouraged in a supportive environment.
To ensure the concepts introduced during the training course are understood, they will be reinforced through a mix of learning methods, including lecture style presentation, open discussion, case studies, simulations and group work.
Organisations who expose participants to the training and development experience provided by this EuroMaTech Managing Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages training course will be contributing to building a core of knowledgeable and skilled staff who will be able to add value through their contributions to more effective preparation, planning, scheduling, execution and control of shutdowns and turnarounds.
They will be able to contribute in leadership or operational roles, both with knowledge and skills to ensure shutdowns and turnarounds are effectively planned, scheduled and executed and leverage these techniques to improve productivity and cost effectiveness.
Day 1: Introduction to Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages
- Introduction and overview of the phases
- The impact of STOs on business performance and costs
- The team, roles and responsibilities matrix
- The STO steering committee and other essential roles
- Risk management
Day 2: Planning and Preparation
- Define and justify the need
- Identify the sources and types of work
- Define and develop the scope of work
- Work planning for efficiency
- Work quality planning for effectiveness
- Work estimating for scheduling and budgeting
Day 3: Scheduling and Resourcing
- Work breakdown structures
- Introduction to scheduling
- Critical path scheduling
- Resource scheduling and optimisation
- Schedule and resource optimisation practical
- Work packaging
Day 4: Execution and Control
- Cost budget and control
- Health, safety and environmental control
- Work quality control
- Execution control
- Progress tracking and schedule control
Day 5: Commissioning, Close-out and Review
- S-curves, earned value and performance indicators
- Contract and contractor management
- Commissioning and start-up
- Close-out reporting and review
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.