Professionals have a strategic role in leading communications with stakeholders both inside and outside their organisation. It is they who ensure stakeholders understand their vision of the future and who motivate and coordinate the behaviours that lead to transformation.
Gaining understanding and commitment to the effort required to take an organisation or team in a new direction is never easy. Even experienced leaders in well-known companies make mistakes, under-communicating, sending inconsistent messages, or failing to explain clearly. This EuroMaTech training course explores solutions to the communications challenges leaders currently face.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Clarity in explaining vision and change simply so their messages are understood, believed and acted upon
- Story telling using the power of metaphors and analogies to explain complicated ideas quickly and with impact so audiences remember them
- Crafting communication strategies that underpin and strengthen business objectives
- Engaging and empowering employees so there is a shared sense of purpose and teams commit to the vision and high performance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals and leaders who wish to learn more about the communication challenges currently facing their organisations and improve management of communications within their teams
This Managing and Leading Strategic Communication training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Improve stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills
- Assess brand and reputation, ensuring they are consistent, understood and valued by stakeholders
- Develop shared understanding of organisational mission, vision, values and business objectives
- Use communication activities to win employees’ understanding of and commitment to change and transformation
- Effectively guide team members and PR professionals in developing communication strategies and plans that support business objectives
The Managing and Leading Strategic Communication training course combines presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Participants are encouraged to reflect on and discuss their own professional issues and experiences.
This EuroMaTech training course looks at current issues facing leaders, providing a forum to discuss latest thinking and best practices. It emphasises the essential communication skills needed to lead organisations today, both relational and technical. Additionally, the training course develops skills in using emerging communication tools and techniques from successful companies. Participants will also discuss research from renown think tanks and consultancies, asking how conclusions relate to their own organisations.
Day 1: Leading Communications
- Relational leadership: influencing and inspiring through relationships
- Building trust & credibility: integrity, likeability & perceived expertise
- Guiding stakeholder communications: interpreting strategic issues & providing strategic guidance
- Inspiring, influencing and persuading through storytelling
- Focus on the triple bottom line: economic, environmental & social performance
Day 2: Communicating during Change
- Ethos and desire: communicating compelling visions that change corporate culture
- Walk the walk, talk the talk: the leader’s role during change
- Commitment from senior managers: creating a coalition of committed communicators
- Transparent communications & reputation risk management
Day 3: Focusing Communication Efforts
- Aligning communications strategy with business objectives
- Structuring communications to support a high-performance culture
- Delivering real benefits from communications: engaged audiences, effective organisation, improved productivity
- Managing resources efficiently: people, technology & budgets
Day 4: Engaging Employees
- Engaging & empowering employees: effective communications within organisations
- Turning managers into effective communicators: capabilities, core competencies and performance
- Engaging hard to reach employees: call centres, remote offices, field engineers, sales people
- Helping new employees settle in and feel part of the organisation
Day 5: Brand Management
- Corporate identity, image & reputation, vision, mission & values
- Building competitive advantage and business through branding
- Sharing the investment story: Investor relations and financial PR
- The leader’s communication role during crises
- Developing a personal action plan
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.