It is showtime; lights, curtains and action on the big corporate event that you have been planning for months. This moment could be a triumph or a disaster. A major event has a million moving parts and all must come together perfectly at the same time. Add a squirt of creativity and you will have an occasion that builds both your reputation and your organisation’s brand. It will be remembered fondly for all of the best reasons. Get it wrong and it will be remembered in a totally different way.
This sparkling training course introduces not only all of the fundamentals of event and conferences management from outline to thank-you letters, but tips and secrets of top event managers all over the world. It is intensely practical and covers everything from set dressing to creating a social media buzz and VIP management. You will share a whirlwind five days with personal coaching and advice that shares a lifetime of experience and a wealth of examples in one memorable feast.
Participants on EuroMaTech’s Events & Conferences Management training course will develop the following competencies:
- Challenge imagination to develop exciting event concepts
- Hone the organisational skills and knowledge to plan and manage any event
- Develop a powerful event planning toolkit
- Understand how to create and sustain profitable professional alliances that deliver
- Understand how to bring all of the elements together to make a world-class event
Who Should Attend?
The Events & Conferences Management training course is ideal for anyone involved in organising events or conferences. The training course is suitable for anyone who needs to organise and direct smooth and professional events to achieve positive impacts on reputation, with both practical and management perspectives. This includes:
- Meeting planners
- Event managers and marketers
- PR professionals
- Hospitality professionals
Whether you work as a Conferences Manager, Event Manager or Fundraiser, the skills you learn through this practical training will be invaluable.
At the end of EuroMaTech’s Events & Conferences Management training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles and key elements of successful conferences and events
- Know how to source ideas and to research and deliver a winning proposal
- Demonstrate the skills of a good event planner including sourcing venues, speakers and suppliers and managing VIPs and the media
- Understand how to publicise and market your event
- Manage an event team and hold event meetings successfully
- Explain how to manage a budget, detailing how sponsorships work and what the main incomes and outgoings are
This fast-paced Events & Conferences Management training course uses a rich mixture of practical exercises, case-studies, questionnaires, syndicate and group work and video/DVD examples. Participants will be asked to reflect on and to discuss their own professional issues and experience.
Delegates will be encouraged to ask questions as the training progresses relevant to their own backgrounds and company requirements. The training course will culminate in a group exercise in which delegates will have an opportunity to apply what has been covered in the course.
This innovative EuroMaTech course on Events & Conferences Management develops a wide range of skills starting with event concept, briefing and using creativity, venue selection, planning and project management, event hosting skills, protocol planning, team formation and management, briefing skills and evaluation. The course explains the skills and attributes of a good event planner and, through coaching and advice, helps every participant to grow to their full potential.
Day 1 : An Introduction to the Perfect Event Proposal
- Key qualities and skills of an Event Manager
- Creating a first-class event brief, identifying event goals
- Choosing the event to fit the goals – World class examples
- Creating the perfect proposal
- A problem-solving approach to event design
- Costing and outline budget preparation
Day 2 : Starting the Perfect Planning Process
- Project management
- Setting SMART Objectives
- Creating the multi-disciplinary team to deliver your event
- Event planning – Content, messages and themes
- Set and venue theming, catering and partner programmes
- Planning for social media, web and on-line participation
Day 3 : Timing to Perfection
- Turning your time line into a project Gantt Chart
- Event running order time management, scheduling and crew rosters
- Sourcing venues, speakers and entertainment
- Conducting a full risk assessment and documenting it
- Contracts, budget control, contingency and delegation
- Managing suppliers, speakers and entertainers
Day 4 : Building Your Brand and Reputation
- The “Stage management” of the event
- Ensuring the event is on message and on brand
- Greeting guests – hosting, welcome desk – set up and management
- Working with VIPs and Senior Leaders
- Your brand on show – walking the talk
- Briefing your team including top-tier managers and presenters
- Corporate Social Responsibility and eco-event planning
Day 5 : Putting it all Together for success
- Marketing the event and guest invitations
- Generating news through an event – inviting the media and bloggers
- Invitations, press releases, press office, the press pack and gifts
- Managing filming and photography on site
- Measuring event success
- Team working and your personal effectiveness
- Planning your career and personal development
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.