Having a very well thought through, systematic and interesting social media presence is now a basic requirement for big corporations. The world has changed significantly because of connectivity among people, improved internet speeds, affordable technologies and 24/7 rolling news. There has also been an umbrella shift in the customer mindset. People are savvier, much more exposed to other offers and they are able to search online for what is out there globally, regardless of brand and nationality.
Organisations now need digitally-savvy leaders and employees to remain relevant and keep their customers. We need deep data-driven understanding of our marketplace, meaningful relationships through online communications and offers that drive retention and loyalty.
The Digital Business Leadership Training Course explores emerging best practices in social media and digital leadership, encouraging delegates to identify the blocks and opportunities for introducing digital transformation into their organisation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Digital Business Leadership training course will benefit business leaders and professionals who wish to use social media and other digital technologies for customer service, branding, recruitment, talent management and employee engagement.
During this course, participants will develop the following competencies:
- Assessing digital technologies and identifying those that will help the organisation address marketplace challenges and customer needs
- Introducing digital technologies into the organisation with the support of leadership and so they are accepted by employees
- Using social media and digital to resolve customer problems and build conversations and on-going relationships around brand, products and service
- Developing deep customer and employee insights through analysis of digital data
- Managing brand identity and reputation online through marketing and PR campaigns that deliver business benefits
- Engaging employees through social media and building a collaborative and high performance internal culture
- Effectively measuring digital outcomes and demonstrating the benefits to leadership.
This EuroMaTech training course combines presentations that share both theory and industry best practices with practical sessions in accordance with adult learning and learner-centred learning principles. Overall, 60% of training will be experiential and 40% will be theoretical.
Participants will have lots of opportunities to put into practice the skills they develop and enhance during the course. We make the most of small and whole group exercises, videos, case studies, peer exchange, brainstorming, role plays and discussions. Participants are encouraged to reflect on and discuss their own professional issues and experiences.
We will spend lots of time working one-on-one and in small groups to resolve the challenges participants face. They will leave with new ideas and skills they can implement immediately they step back into their teams.
Digital Transformation Case Studies
Case studies will be included in each of the modules to demonstrate the variety of ways global organisations are using social media and digital transformation. These will include BT, BP and Travelex.
This advanced Digital Business Leadership training course gives participants opportunities to hear and discuss latest best practices in digital technologies, and to analyse their own social media strategies and activities.
They will evaluate a wide range of social media tools and techniques, identify which are relevant to their organisation, and refresh their own social media strategy and implementation plans.
The Digital Business Leadership training course mixes theory with practical application so delegates can both explain how to manage social media activities and also deliver activities that generate value for their organisation as well as enhancing brand and reputation.
They will develop confidence in their knowledge, skills and capabilities and also be more motivated to deliver the best digital outcomes for their organisation and stakeholders.
Day 1 : RESPONDING TO THE MARKETPLACE
Introductions & Review of Experiences
- Pre-training assessment to give a benchmark for evaluating effectiveness of training programme
- SWOT review of experiences of online recruitment
- Opening exercise: personal and team goal setting for the training programme
Marketplace Challenges & Customer Needs
- Assessing emerging technologies and automation
- Responding to emerging competitors and digital disrupters
- Articulating who customers are and the benefits of digital transformation
- Creating two-way relationships that increase customer satisfaction
Organisational Leadership and Decision Making
- Introducing digital transformation into hierarchical organisations
- Shifting employees to a digital mindset through autonomy, mastery and purpose
- Essential digital skills for leaders
- Creating then executing a digital strategy
Benefits of Social Media and Digital Technologies
- Collaboration across the organisation
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Improved employee engagement and motivation
- Improved brand value and reputation
Day 2 : CUSTOMER SERVICE & CUSTOMER DATA
Starting with Social Media
- Using social media to identify and resolve customer problems
- Continuing conversations and building relationships over time
- Choosing platforms and apps for engaging, influencing and inspiring audiences
- Planning social media customer campaigns
Creating Ongoing Customer Touchpoints
- Developing meaningful conversations around brand, products and service
- Introducing customer generated content where people can share experiences and support each other
- Using a story hub to build deep loyalty
- Building customer communities
Using Data to Understand Customers
- Behaviours, spending patterns, what doing well, what not doing well as a business
- Analysing social conversations versus analysing transactional data
- Using data for forward planning and decision making
The Investment Required
- Training to improve social media engagement skills
- Essential infrastructure & the operating model
- Growing the customer service team
- Talent management and personal development
Day 3 : REPUTATION, BRANDING & PUBLIC RELATIONS
Developing and Managing Brand Identity Online
- Elements of a brand: logo block, strapline, typefaces, typography, colours, tone of voice, photographic style, grids
- Reproducing the brand online: words, images, design, video, audio
- Maintaining brand identity: putting your culture and identity into words, explaining the brand to different audiences
- Policing the brand online: ensuring consistency, finding champions to keep you on-brand
Digital Marketing and Public Relations
- Advertising & sponsorship
- Media relations & event management
- Government, regulators, opinion formers & influencers
- Community relations & CSR
New Product Development
- Soliciting customer ideas and feedback
- Involving customers in trials and launches
- Social media as an effective unfiltered focus group
- Crowdsourcing ideas from the internet
Creating Integrated PR Campaigns
- Social media’s place in a comprehensive marketing plan that includes broadcast, print, direct mail and face2face activities
- Creating a nine step social media route-map that ensures the social media campaign delivers business benefits
- Messaging that works across multiple channels and drives traffic to your ultimate destination
- Creating content that can be adapted for different media and channels
Day 4 - EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
Introducing Social Media for Internal Collaboration
- Pros and cons of the most popular social media apps for employee engagement
- Ensuring apps become well used and useful
- Providing training so employees have the knowledge and confidence to use social media apps
- Management tools to ensure employees use social media responsibly
Creating Internal Social Media Content
- Choosing between the wide variety of tools to create social media content including blogs, slides, video, infographics, quizzes and podcasts
- Tips to create engaging content employees find interesting, relevant and useful
- Creating an emotional connection with humour, human interest and storytelling
- Ensuring relevance with breaking news, experiences and personal exchanges
Capitalising on Employees’ Social Influence
- When word of mouth and personal relationships are most effective
- Helping employees to become effective social media ambassadors
- Motivating employees so they continue to be active ambassadors
- Determining the impact of word of mouth.
Using Social Media for Recruitment
- Choosing between the raft of social media recruitment options
- Creating social media recruitment content
- Maximising recruitment efforts on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc
- Improving the application process on the company website
Day 5 - REALISING THE BENEFITS OF DIGITAL
- Customer measures – engagement, feedback, etc
- Financial measures – return on investment
- Business measures – site traffic, query handling, awareness, etc
- Brand and reputation research
Reviewing Digital Activities
- Reviewing messages and content creation
- Auditing digital channel performance
- Benchmarking against other organisations and industry sectors
- Refreshing the digital strategy and activities
- Developing a personal action plan based on your strengths and areas for development identified during this programme
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.