In a rapidly changing economic environment it is not only necessary to have skilled Procurement professionals, but to ensure that the organisation can implement appropriate strategies through the application of clear purchasing policies and processes, and can measure performance with relevant Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements.
The Developing Purchasing Policies, Processes & Service Level Agreements training course will guide the participants through the development of appropriate procurement strategies, to creating the clear and measurable processes that will allow them to ensure that strategies are successfully implemented.
Participants on EuroMaTech’s Developing Purchasing Policies, Processes & Service Level Agreements training course will develop the following competencies:
- Develop a strategic view of Procurement for their organisation
- Choose the appropriate SLAs and KPIs
- Formulate winning policies for procurement
- Maximise return on procurement with cross functional policy application
- Write policies and procedures that are clear and implementable
Who Should Attend?
The Developing Purchasing Policies, Processes & Service Level Agreements course is suitable for a wide range of professionals employed in commercial roles, but it will be particularly beneficial to:
- Professionals working in Procurement, Purchasing or Buying
- Buyers in Public, military and government organisations
- Buyers working for private companies
- Managers of Purchasing sections
- Project personnel working with contractors
- Purchasing Managers in business, government and the military
EuroMaTech’s Developing Purchasing Policies, Processes & Service Level Agreements training course aims to help participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Define the strategic goals of the organisation
- Identify the requirements of cross-functional stakeholders
- Implement appropriate policies and procedures
- Select the appropriate sourcing routes for all types of purchase
- Minimise contractual disputes and uncontrolled spending.
- Create a balanced scorecard of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Measure performance against key performance measures and SLAs
- Draft clear, concise, actionable policies and procedures
Participants on Developing Purchasing Policies, Processes & Service Level Agreements training course will learn by active participation through the use of programme materials, exercises, role playing, video presentations and discussions on “real life” issues in their own and each other’s organizations.
This unique EuroMaTech training course on Developing Purchasing Policies, Processes & Service Level Agreements will help participants to develop and implement procurement policies and processes which will deliver the organisation’s strategic procurement objectives.
Participants will learn how to create strategies for commercial advantage, control spend without stifling innovation or creating bureaucracy, and to draft clear concise policies that can be implemented in the organisation.
Day 1 : Procurement Strategy in the Organisation
- Role of Procurement in the organisation
- Public and private procurement strategies
- Strategic Objectives
- Segmenting the procurement spend
- Best practices
- Alignment with stakeholders
- Where do problems come from and are they avoidable?
Day 2 : Procurement Choices and Approaches
- Single / Sole or multiple suppliers
- Appropriate procurement routes – tenders, negotiations, sole source
- Managing low value spends
- Supplier Selection processes
- Supplier Development
- National / Local supplier preference
- Partnership and Alliance relationships
Day 3 : Policies and Procedures
- Ethics and Legal compliance
- National and International sourcing
- Electronic procurement options
- Blacklisting process
- Signing levels and approvals
- Commercial Risk Appetite
- Audit and inspection
- Process development
Day 4 : Developing KPIs and SLAs
- Purpose of KPIs
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Using KPIs for continual improvement
- Buying Services compared to buying goods
- Role of SLAs
- Typical contents of SLAs
- Measuring internal and external performance
Day 5 : Implementing Policies and Procedures
- Drafting clear policy statements
- Action words for clarity
- Allocating responsibility
- Writing clearly and well
- Accreditation of processes to International Standards
- Planning for implementation
- Personal Action plans
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.