Engineers working on medium to large construction projects continue to face mounting challenges in the delivery of their projects. The rapid impact of globalization has placed even stricter demands on project delivery time, cost and quality.
Knowledgeable project executives recognize that a major ingredient for project success is the active administration of construction processes. It is therefore essential to have a working understanding of project planning, estimating, scheduling, and execution control procedures.
Construction projects often encounter costly claims which delay projects and cause owners and contractors to incur damages. Understanding Construction Administration and claims avoidance goes a long way towards achieving sound project objectives.
By attending this EuroMaTech online training course, participants will develop the following competencies:
- Learn how to measure construction project progress
- Discover the importance of accurate record keeping
- How to effectively administer construction projects at site
- Learn methods to improve control of construction projects from pre-construction through project close-out
- Learn how to keep construction projects on schedule and within budget
- Avoid claims through effective communication
- Find out how information technology can be used to achieve project success
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Construction Project Engineers
- New Construction Project Professionals
- Site Engineers
- Cost Engineers
- Resident Engineers
- Contract Administrators
- Personnel who want to learn structured approach to managing construction projects
- Ensure construction conforms to construction documents
- Reduce or eliminate potential for construction claims
- Lessen construction project risks
- Identify and resolve construction problems early
- Supplement the client’s construction knowledge
This Construction Administration online training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of stress management to the particular needs of their workplace.
This EuroMaTech online training course gives practical guidance on construction project administration, field management, and claims avoidance. Attendees will use contract provisions to follow the construction process from the pre-construction phase through project close-out to minimize and resolve claims and disputes. Information technology tools that can be used to assure a smooth flowing project will be presented.
Day 1: INTRODUCTION TO CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATION
- What is a Project?
- What is Project Management?
- Project Stakeholders
- Leadership, Responsibility and Authority
- Management Styles
- Construction Contracts
- Construction Safety
- Project Delivery Systems
Day 2: PROJECT PLANNING, ESTIMATING AND SCHEDULING
- Estimating Duration Assessment
- Planning and Scheduling Methods
- Critical Path Scheduling
- Resource Allocation Methods
- Time-Cost Trade-off
- Lead / Lag
- Critical Chain scheduling
Day 3: PROACTIVE PROJECT CONTROL
- Development of Project Baselines
- Earned Value Control Process
- Project Variance Analysis and Quantification
- Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and Cost Performance Index (CPI)
- Schedule and Cost Recovery Analysis
- Productivity Measurement
Day 4: PROJECT ACCELERATION AND CONSTRUCTION CLAIMS AVOIDANCE
- Circumstances Requiring Project Acceleration
- Options for Accelerating the Schedule
- Crashing the Schedule – How?
- Construction Claims Avoidance
- Changes and Extra Work
- Claims and Disputes: Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Team Development and Motivation
- Management styles and Conflict Handling
- Project Negotiation Tactics
Day 5: ADVANCED PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS
- Project Software
- Building Information Modeling
- Lean Project Management
EuroMaTech has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
Participants attending this training session are entitled to claim corresponding PMI Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Contact Hours.
The PMI logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.