The Competency Development and Managerial Excellence for Operation and Production Supervisors training course is intended to assist the participants gain a clear understanding of effective supervision competencies and best practical techniques adopted by operation and production departments in world-class organisations.
This EuroMaTech training course provides delegates with state-of-the-art skills essential for operation and production departmental leaders. Results include improved operators motivation and performance, increased departmental outputs, zero conflicts during day-to-day activities and better interaction with other departments involved, such as maintenance.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Understanding of world class operator’s duties
- Time management and work planning techniques
- Techniques for improving operator’s performance
- Health and safety procedures
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Operation and production personnel who have recently been appointed to a supervisory position
- Operation personnel who desire a supervisory position
- Existing operation supervisors who have not had formal supervisory training
- Those who are responsible for managing operation and production departments
- Develop a toolkit of competencies and methods to enhance every area of supervisor’s responsibility
- Build an action plan for managing their human capital while developing an effective program for managing production assets
- Learn how to leverage their personal supervisory style, apply time management techniques, run effective meetings and improve operator’s performance
- Explore how to make the transition from control room or production operator to a supervisor
This EuroMaTech training course uses case studies, group discussion, reflection activities supported by video materials and exercises to help you apply what you learn to your work situation.
This Competency Development and Managerial Excellence training course covers essential skills such as understanding the nature of operation and production operator duties, how to reduce equipment failures, communicating persuasively and with impact, confidence to handle challenging situations and flexibility to adapt and being clear about bench marking operation and production department at your organisation.
This allows qualifying high standard supervisors with the necessary skills to develop deeper relationships within the organisation and in particular with those around them. Those skills are crucial towards inspiring operation and production team members to achieve less plant’s equipment down time and influencing individuals to support the team direction.
Day 1 : Roles, Goals and Motivation of Operation & Production Supervisor
- Control room and production operators responsibilities
- Supervisors as a master key for organizational success and development
- Different methods of developing competencies
- Adapting a competency framework for supervision
- Behavioral and leadership competencies
Day 2 : Operation and production Success Factors
- Assessing risks and decision-making
- Techniques to improve the performance of operators
- Dealing with Stress (shutdown, failures, emergencies, incidents and others)
- Attitude for inspiring change and innovations leading to Continuous improvements
- Skills for organizing and attending meetings
Day 3 : Techniques to Effectively Managing Operation Staff
- Dealing with diverse workforce and contractors
- Analyzing problems and making critical decisions
- Smart delegation
- Supervisory staffing issues: orientation, discipline & conflicts
- Training, mentoring and delegating.
- Proactive and reactive roles and attitudes of supervisors
- Apply time management techniques
- Inter-personal relations and communication skills
Day 4 : Best Practice in Managing Your Assets
- Best practices for applying precision operation technologies
- Guidelines for assessing plant’s equipment performance indicators
- Developing road map to achieve world class production department
- Observation skills and linking with outcome / effects to others, impact on environment
Day 5 : Competency Development for Health and Safety Aspects
- Best practice in health and safety improving plans.
- Achieving excellence in plant’s safety behaviour
- Commitment and compliance towards health and safety standards
- Safety culture and performance indicators
- Motivation & employee involvement
- Strategies to establish no blame culture
- Final remarks and programme closure
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.