The Competency Development and Managerial Excellence for Maintenance Supervisors training course provides participants with skills required to lead world-class technical and maintenance departments. Results are improved performance of maintenance departments, better wrench time and reduced waste of resources.
This EuroMaTech training course enhances delegates understanding on techniques for machinery failures prevention, maintenance and reliability improvements strategies, leadership and interpersonal skills, time management techniques, safety and environment related aspects of their duties.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Duties of world-class maintenance supervisors
- Scheduling and planning of maintenance tasks
- Time management and interpersonal skills
- Maintenance staff performance improvements
- Health and safety procedures
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Technical and Maintenance personnel who have recently been appointed to a supervisory position
- Technical and Maintenance personnel who desire a supervisory position
- Existing Technical and Maintenance supervisors who have not had formal supervisory training
- Those who are responsible for managing Technical and Maintenance departments
- Make smooth and effective transition from a technician to a supervisor position
- Develop essential skills and knowledge to carry out supervisor’s responsibilities
- Manage their budgets in developing an effective programme for asset management
- Leverage their personal supervisory style, apply time management techniques, run effective meetings and improve technical maintenance delivery
- Contribute to the safe and reliable running of the operation
The Competency Development and Managerial Excellence for Maintenance Supervisors training course uses case studies, group discussion, reflection activities supported by video materials and exercises to help you apply what you learn to your work situation.
This EuroMaTech training course covers essential skills required for leaders of maintenance departments. Those skills include, but not limited to, understanding causes of assets failures, techniques for eliminating them, communicating persuasively and with impact, confidence to handle challenging situations, being a leader rather than traditional manager and being clear about targeted key performance indicators. This will inspire all of team members to achieve organizational goals and thus influence individuals to support the team direction.
Day 1 : Skills Set, Roles and Motivation of Technical & Maintenance Supervisor
- Fundamentals of Maintenance Engineering
- Structure and function of world-class Maintenance Departments
- Understanding and avoiding causes of assets failures
- Maintenance Supervisors roles, skills and duties
- Upgrading of technical, personal and leadership competencies
Day 2 : Critical Factors for Maintenance Management
- Fundamentals of assets reliability and key performance indicators
- Quantitative determination of assets conditions
- Techniques to improve worker productivity
- Leaders attitudes and motivational skills in supporting their team
- Skills for organizing and attending meetings
Day 3 : Effective Techniques for Managing Maintenance Activities
- Maintenance planning and scheduling processes
- Execution of maintenance tasks and feedback
- Managing external contractors
- Staff training, mentoring and communication skills
- Time management techniques
Day 4 : Optimisation of Maintenance Programmes
- Maintenance preventive and predictive modern technologies
- Guidelines for assessing your existing maintenance system
- Decision making and failures reduction strategies
- Outcomes and impacts on environment and Pareto analysis methods
- Overall equipment effectiveness determination and decision making grids
Day 5 : Health and Safety Aspects
- Health and safety cultures and approaches for achieving safety excellence
- Compliance with HSE standards
- Safety culture promotion and measuring techniques
- Motivation and employee involvement
- Summary and programme closure
EuroMaTech is recognized by the Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals (SMRP) as an Approved Provider. The SMRP Approved Provider status allows EuroMaTech of host a number of maintenance & reliability related continuing education trainings.
This training course is approved by SMRP to issue 25 Continuing Education Course Hours (CECHs) towards recertification of CMRP, CMRT or CAMA credentials.
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.