Employee Assistance Professional Association (EAPA) is the world’s largest, oldest and most respected organization for Employee Assistance professionals. Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) serve organizations and their employees in multiple ways, ranging from consultation at the strategic level about issues with organization-wide implications to individual assistance to employees and family members experiencing personal difficulties. As workplace programs, the structure and operation of each EAP vary with the structure, functioning, and needs of the organization(s) it serves.
The Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP®) is the world’s only professional credential denoting expertise in the EAP body of knowledge and behavioural health in the workplace. The CEAP® demonstrates that you have experience and expertise in all three Employee Assistance domains of knowledge, and it is recognized worldwide.
This highly practical Certified Employee Assistance Professional training course presents a comprehensive coverage of all the domains required for anyone wishing to undertake the CEAP® Exam or just develop an in-depth understanding of key areas of Employee Assistance Programming. This EuroMaTech training course will highlight:
- CEAP® Exam Preparation
- The history and development of EAPs
- Best practices in all three performance domains
- The global application of EAP methods and practices
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech training course is an excellent introduction to EAPs and the CEAP®. This training course is suitable for a broad range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- HR Staff at all levels
- Talent Management Specialists
- HR Business Partners
- Anyone involved in staff welfare or support
- Occupational health and safety staff
- Managers who need to develop their skills and expertise in the areas covered
- Define an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Understand the three domains covered by the CEAP® exam
- Analyse the global appropriateness of EAP ‘Core Technology’
- Learn how to support organizations and their employees in multiple ways
This Certified Employee Assistance Professional training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion.
There will also be practical sessions where participants have the opportunity to practice and experience course related activities. Realistic and fun exercises, short video presentations, small group work, role play, case studies, exercises, and feedback, will be used to facilitate learning.
This three-day training course is an excellent introduction to the ‘core technology’ of Employee Assistance Programming (EAP) and all the domains required for anyone wishing to undertake the CEAP® Exam. It is also suitable for anyone who wants to develop a thorough understanding of EAPs or establish an EAP in their organisation.
Day 1 - EA Program Design, Administration and Management (Domain I)
- Introduction to EAPs and CEAP®
- EAP Core Technology
- Regulatory and legal requirements – global differences
- Promotion and marketing
- Program effectiveness and research
- Staffing, contract management and quality assurance
- Current EA trends and technologies
- Ethical standards
Day 2 - EA Services to the Organization (Domain II)
- Critical incident preparation and response
- Behavioral risk management
- Manager, supervisor and union training
- Work performance – manager referral
- Organizational consultation
- Stress leadership
- Change management
- Workplace mediation
Day 3 - EA Services to Employees and Family Members (Domain III)
- Motivational interviewing
- Short-term problem resolution
- Referral and follow-up
- Crisis intervention
- Employee education
- Personal and psychological issues
- Addiction concerns
This activity has been pre-approved by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI). Participants attending this training session are entitled to receive: 15 General Recertification Credit Hours.The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit
Employee Assistance Certification Commission (EACC), an autonomous credentialing body established by EAPA to maintain and administer all aspects of the CEAP® program, has approved this course for 15 professional Development Hours (PDHs).
The use of this logo is not an endorsement by EAPA of the quality of the course. It means that this course has met the EAPA’s criteria to the pre-approved for CEAP® certification or recertification PDHs.