This EuroMaTech virtual training course examines advanced project management tools and techniques, building on the basics, to help ensure success for medium to large and complex projects. Project management processes are examined in detail, with advanced thought process, and includes, as stakeholders, what senior management must do within an organization, to support projects and enable successful delivery.
This virtual training course aligns with the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®)
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Project Initiation and start up, including roles and responsibilities
- Project scope management in order to build quality into project plans
- Project planning and estimating, including resource and costs
- Critical path and critical chain methodologies to enhance scheduling thought process, and the development of solid, reliable, efficient and effective project plans
- Stakeholder identification and analysis, with strategies for engaging different types of stakeholders
- Advanced project risk and uncertainty analysis. Strategies for handling uncertainty, and applying advanced methods for applying a project management risk process
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Project managers responsible for delivering medium-to-large scale cross-functional projects
- Personnel or managers assigned to projects, who want to learn a structured method and approach for managing projects
- Functional support managers who wish to obtain a clear understanding of the project management process and how they fit into the process
- Middle and senior managers who are responsible for supporting the project management process across an organisation an want a solid understanding of project management
This Advanced Project Management virtual training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Increased confidence in time and cost estimates
- Focus on risk management throughout the project life cycle
- Options for handling difficult stakeholders, issues and conflict management
- Track and report project progress with solid metrics, not speculation, enabling control options for sponsors
- Improve stakeholder approach, communication and involvement
This EuroMaTech virtual training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of project management to the particular needs of their workplace.
This EuroMaTech virtual training course covers how to take responsibility as a project manager for the whole project lifecycle, making sure agreement is reached with key stakeholders in defining the project objectives. With project complexity, dealing with people is very apparent, so developing skills and having a plan to communicate horizontally across the project team, the functional work streams and vertically with senior levels of management is paramount. Knowing what will be delivered, by when, by who, how etc., means effective scope definition and utilizing scheduling methods to gain agreement to proceed is essential for supporting project control. Plans must be realistic though and thought through risk management and contingency planning is necessary and essential. Finally executing the plans will involve reporting, managing issues and change control, before on completion, closing the project appropriately and learning lessons for the next project.
Day 1 : Introduction
- Why do we do Projects?
- What is a Project?
- What is Project Management?
- Project Delivery Systems / Life-cycle Models
- Initiating Projects
- Project Selection
- Selecting the right Project Manager
- Project Objectives
- Identification of Stakeholders
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Management of Stakeholders
Day 2 : Planning
- Scope Identification
- Estimating Duration Assessment
- Planning and Scheduling Methods
- Critical Path Scheduling
- Resource Allocation Methods
- Time-Cost Trade-off
- Lead / Lag
- Critical Chain Scheduling
Day 3 : Proactive Project Risk Management
- What do we mean by Risk?
- Risk vs. Uncertainty
- Attitudes Towards Risk
- Risk Identification, Factors and Sources
- Risk Analysis Approaches
- Qualification and Quantification of Probability and Impact
- Dealing with Subjective Elements of Risk
- Risk Strategies
Day 4 : Executing
- Lean Construction Strategies
- Staff Acquisition
- Team Development and Motivation
- Leadership vs Management
- Management styles and Conflict Handling
Day 5 : Establishing your Leadership Presence with Impact
- Monitoring and Controlling
- Earned Value Management
- Implementing Risk strategies
- Project Closing
EuroMaTech has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
Participants attending this training session are entitled to claim corresponding PMI Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Contact Hours.
The PMI logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.