Purchasing is one of the most important functions for successful organisations. Selecting and applying the appropriate methodologies to ensure value for money, and high quality delivery by suppliers, requires collaboration across all functions and a strong contractual underpinning of the supplier relationship. This requires a complete understanding of the needs of the organisation, and the capabilities in the supply market.
This EuroMaTech online training course is designed to:
- Explore the practices seen as leading to world class performance in purchasing and procurement, and supply chain management
- Enable participants to develop appropriate sourcing and supplier management plans
- Help delegates to develop action plans for implementation within their organisation to improve total value for their organisation
Who Should Attend?
This intensive 2-day Advanced Purchasing Management online training course is suitable for personnel from all industrial fields and different purchasing methods:
- Public Sector
- Those new to the function, preparing for a major project, or experienced managers looking for a refresher will also benefit from this EuroMaTech online training course which does assume a basic level of understanding of purchasing and contract management.
- Be more effective in managing Purchasing
- Development of appropriate strategies for delivering value
- Use appropriate methodologies for managing suppliers and staff
- Use of tendering, negotiation and other techniques
- Enhance value obtained from suppliers
- How to measure and improve the performance of the Purchasing function
- Consider how the wider business environment effects procurement
- Consider the latest advances in Purchasing management
- Measuring and Improving Purchasing Performance
This EuroMaTech training course will be delivered online using the latest in video technology. Participants will learn by active participation during the programme through the use of programme materials, exercises in breakout groups, polls and quizzes, and discussions on “real life” issues in their own and each other’s organizations.
The EuroMaTech online training course covers the purchasing process from specification through to contract completion, and how to manage the procurement and supply chain team. The intention is to develop general skills with application to a wide range of purchasing situations, and to allow participants to have an awareness of practices in other regions and other industries which may add value to their own situations.
Delegates will leave this online training course with new ideas and processes that they can implement immediately with a confidence in their own skills.
Day 1: The Basics of Purchasing Management
Principles of Good Procurement
- Requirements and Specifications
- Supply Segmentation
- Price, cost and value
Principles of Good Management
- Strategy, vision
- Objectives of Purchasing management
- Organisational structure
Appropriate sourcing techniques
Assessing and allocating risk
- Identifying Risk
- Mitigating Risk
Day 2: Managing Suppliers
Approved supplier lists and blacklists Supplier Management and Development
- Global sourcing
- Force majeure clauses
- Local supplier development
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Ethical and Environmentally responsible sourcing
Managing Supply Partnerships
- Appropriate opportunities for partnering and alliances
- Structure of partnerships
- Duration and end of partnership arrangements
Managing Project Suppliers
Managing Service Suppliers
Supplier non-conformance and corrective actions
- Action planning
- Programme highlights and final observations
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.