Writing Skills is a critical competency that underpins relationships and performance among employees and with external stakeholders, contributing to the company’s professionalism and credibility.
This EuroMaTech Advanced Business Writing Skills training course provides business professionals with the opportunity to develop their writing skills. This EuroMaTech training course focuses on developing the competencies that allow participants from different cultures and nationalities to communicate effectively with each other. The training course helps delegates become great communicators who know how to win respect, understanding and commitment.
Participants attending this EuroMaTech training course will be able to:
- Present factual and complex information accurately, clearly and concisely in English
- Structure written English content, so it achieves the results they want
- Write reports and other business correspondence that are read, understood and acted on by their target audiences
Who Should Attend?
This EuroMaTech Advanced Business Writing Skills training course is suitable for employees who wish to improve their writing capabilities so that they can present complex information with clarity to colleagues, leaders and external stakeholders – to make them understand what it means and act on the information provided.
This EuroMaTech Advanced Business Writing Skills training course is very practical with lots of opportunities to try out the new skills participants will learn. It aims to help participants achieve the following objectives:
- Mastering the confusing rules of grammar and punctuation so the meaning is crystal clear rather than confusing
- Writing in English on paper and screen so audiences understand it the first time and believe
- Tailoring English language for online mediums where word count matters
- Applying English language in business documents such as letters, reports, presentations and speeches
- Crafting technical and non-technical reports that are clear, concise and coherent
The Advanced Business Writing Skills training course combines presentations that share both theory and industry best practices with practical sessions in accordance with adult learning and blended learner-centred principles.
Delivery will be interactive, hands-on, experiential, peer-sharing, reflective and self-directed. Interactive practical sessions include small and whole group exercises, videos, case studies peer exchange, brainstorming, role plays and discussions. Participants are encouraged to reflect on and discuss their own professional issues and experiences. Overall 60% of training will be experiential and 40% will be theoretical.
EuroMaTech’s Advanced Business Writing Skills training course provide competencies – reading and writing - which are the foundation of business and relationships. It gives participants a firm grasp of the nuances of the language and its application in their day-to-day work.
Participants will improve literacy skills by exploring the systematic rules and tools of spelling, punctuation and grammar, then thinking systematically about how to apply them in business, to explain themselves clearly and influence other people.
Day 1 : Writing for Your Reader
- Mastering the perplexing rules of English grammar: from Traditional based on Latin to Modern based on actual usage
- The Art of Punctuation - the traffic signals of language: tells us to slow down, notice this, take a detour, or stop
- Practical tips to avoid overused business words, replacing them with language that creates rich variety for our audiences
- Writing in Plain English that is clear, easy to understand and elicits the response you want
Day 2 : Developing Advanced Proficiency
- 12 golden rules for successful writing that ensure people read what we write
- Inspiring, Influencing & Persuading through Storytelling: how to narrate experiences with enough detail and feeling so our audiences are engaged
- Newsworthy writing for external audiences that will grab interest and keep people reading to the end
- Accurate proof reading that picks up errors, confusion and potentially embarrassing mistakes
Day 3 : Writing for Online Audiences
- Email etiquette: creating emails that are well written and structured to people understand why they should pay attention and respond
- How to produce relevant online content for websites and social media, and improve usability and search engine optimisation
- Maximising the response to your posts, tweets, comments and other feeds
- Blogging for business impact in an authentic way
Day 4 : More Practical Applications
- Impactful Presentations: presenting messages clearly so audiences participate positively and remember our key points
- Writing speeches that grab attention: motivating and persuading audiences when developing and delivering both informal talks and more formal speeches
- Gold standard letter writing for business: how to structure letters so our recipients read, understand and act on what they read
Day 5 : Powerful Reports & Briefing Papers
- Structuring reports so readers can find their way around the different sections in reports
- Using images, diagrams, graphs and tables to illustrate key points in reports
- Best practices for layout and design – typefaces, colour, white space, margins, columns, numbering, page numbers, binding
- How to write reports for people who don’t have technical backgrounds
- Presenting complex processes, systems and other technical subjects in a clear, concise and coherent way
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.