- Contract Management for Non-Contract Professionals 16 - 20 May 2021
- LV, MV and HV Circuit Breakers 16 - 20 May 2021
- The 10-day Contract & Project Management Skills for Non-Professionals 16 - 27 May 2021
- Oil & Gas Operational Safety 16 - 20 May 2021
- Financial Analysis: Evaluation, Budgeting & Decision Making 16 - 20 May 2021
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Operational Excellence 16 - 20 May 2021
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning 16 - 20 May 2021
- Process Plant Start-up and Commissioning 16 - 20 May 2021
- Process Plant Start-up, Commissioning and Troubleshooting 16 - 27 May 2021
- Emotional Intelligence: EQ for Innovative Leadership and Corporate Teamwork 16 - 20 May 2021
- Healthcare Operations: Cost Control & Productivity Management 16 - 20 May 2021
- e-HR: Latest Trends and Applications 16 - 20 May 2021
- Integrated Reservoir Analysis: Concepts, Methodology & Importance 16 - 20 May 2021
- Leadership Development for Engineers 16 - 20 May 2021
- Leadership & Crisis Management in Emergency Situations 16 - 20 May 2021
- Advanced Presentation Skills 16 - 20 May 2021
- Petroleum Production Operations 17 - 21 May 2021
- Construction Administration for Engineers 17 - 21 May 2021
- The 5-day Contract Professional MBA 17 - 21 May 2021
- Ship Chartering, Laytime & Demurrage Masterclass 17 - 21 May 2021
Data Privacy, do we know what we get in a tradeoff
July 17, 2019
We live now in the age of digital, everyone is in one way or another connected to the internet and we bask at the opportunities to use the modern telecommunication methods, to present ourselves in the best way possible, and let us be honest to also use the opportunity to brag a bit to the wide audiences.
This is the positive and a bit naïve way of looking at the way most of the people use the internet and social media, and we hoped it would stay this way forever, alas it was not meant to be.
The people, in the beginning, was more than ready to surrender their data to the global platforms as they have seen these global platforms as the way to shout out to the world, and like with any promise, the grass was greener, and the sky was bluer on the other side. This all came crushing down, as the realization came that people are being treated only like the elements of the data lake, that our posts and data are being harvested, analyzed, traded, used and unfortunately abused in order to determine the patterns of our behavior, to develop marketing campaigns, to persuade us what products to buy, to determine our whereabouts, to create an all-seeing “big brother”.
The previous sentence reveals the two opposite powers of the digital age, and as they say, the truth is somewhere in the middle.
It is not all song and dance, but it is also not only pitch black, the point is that the digital age has provided both the people and the governments and industry with the tools and methods to express their opinion, to post about their lives, as well as to increase the level of service, enhance the quality of products and services, provide safety, security and the voice to many of the people who would be left on the outskirts of society. At the same time, the data that is gathered can be abused, and in a lot of cases, it is.
However, we must understand that this is a tradeoff and the main question is what is the main return, what do we get in return for the piece of our privacy.
If we do not want to carry a lot of paper or plastic, even not to carry the money, to reduce our time of waiting in lanes, as well as reduce the waste created by continuous printing of different bills, receipts, tickets etc. and get all of those things done through our phones, or even fingertips or facial recognition, we have to agree on giving a piece of our privacy to the entities which are providing us with these.
To be able to protect our privacy, we, therefore, require the governments to define the legal framework for privacy protection, as we want to reduce and eliminate the abuse of our private data.
And thus the fine line will be created and maintained, and we would be able to always get more in return for the data we give.
We invite you to take a look at the EuroMaTech website to view the dates of this and other courses being run in exciting venues.
Do you wish to join in the next session of the Data Privacy: Protecting the Data in the Connected World training course? Explore here.
Schedule this training course for your team elsewhere? Contact our team and we are happy to assist you in our 24/7 hotline: +971 4 457 1800
EuroMaTech is a leading training & management consultancy offering
training solutions that focus on enabling clients to improve their skills and
potential, to progressively achieve organisational outcomes. With a high
emphasis on quality, we support our clients’ training needs across a wide
range of industries to meet industry best practices and create value
addition. Our program categories include topics on: Administration
Finance & Budgeting, Customer &
Public Relations, HR
Process Engineering, Projects, Contracts &
Masterclass. With headquarters in Liverpool, UK and offices in Dubai and
Abu Dhabi, EuroMaTech deliver courses in worldwide venues including
Training Courses in Abu Dhabi , Training
in Amsterdam , Training
Courses in Bali ,
Training Courses in Bangkok , Training Courses
Training Courses in Brighton,
Training Courses in Brussels, Training Courses
in Berlin , Training Courses in Chicago ,
Training Courses in Colombo ,
Training Courses in Copenhagen , Training
Courses in Dubai , Training
Courses in Geneva , Training Courses in Georgia , Training Courses in
Jeddah , Training Courses in
Kuala Lumpur , Training Courses in London ,
Training Courses in Marrakech , Training
Muscat , Training Courses in Los
Angeles , Training
Courses in Orlando , Training Courses in Riyadh , Training Courses in Singapore , Training
Courses in St. Petersburg , Training
Courses in Sydney , Training Courses in Vancouver ,
Training Courses in Vienna , Training Courses
in Washington , and Training Courses in Zurich.
Join us on LinkedIn, Facebook , Twitter , Google+, YouTube & Instagram and make a professional presence online.