- Asset Integrity Management: 01 - 05 Aug 2021
- Leadership & Crisis Management in Emergency Situations 01 - 05 Aug 2021
- CCPS Risk-Based Process Safety (RBPS) 08 - 12 Aug 2021
- Gas Turbine & Compressors 08 - 12 Aug 2021
- Building Collaborative Business Models for Innovation and Competitiveness 08 - 12 Aug 2021
- Pensions Management 09 - 13 Aug 2021
- Writing Effective Legal Documents and Commercial Contracts - A Practical Workshop 09 - 13 Aug 2021
- The Art of Strategic Management 09 - 13 Aug 2021
- Strategic Planning Specialist 09 - 13 Aug 2021
- The Art of Strategic Management and Leadership 09 - 20 Aug 2021
- Leadership and Management Skills for the 21st Century 09 - 20 Aug 2021
- Managing and Leading Innovation 09 - 13 Aug 2021
- Transformational Leadership Post COVID-19 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Advanced Warehouse Management,Warehousing Performance Measures,Storage Control & Safety 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Strategic Marketing: Planning, Development & Implementation 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Audit Sampling: From Engagement Planning to Execution 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Accounting & Finance for Non-Financial Professionals 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Waste Management 15 - 19 Aug 2021
- Professional English Language for Executive Management 15 - 19 Aug 2021
Why is it important for managers to understand and analyse the cost structure of their organisations?
December 13, 2017
Understanding the organisation’s cost structure provides key data to managers for planning and controlling, as well as costing products, services, even customers. By focusing on basic costs concepts, analyses, uses, and procedures, instead of procedures alone, we recognize cost analysis as a managerial tool for business strategy.
The cost analysis process would help managers to understand and implement the strategy, diagnose the performance and influence behaviour and decisions. It is the analysis of cost in a broader context, where the strategic elements become more conscious, explicit and formal. Cost data is used to develop superior strategies in route to gaining sustainable competitive advantage. Leading training providers, EuroMaTech are conducting a course on ‘Cost Analysis to Support Strategic Decisions’, in Dubai this week, which deals with these aspects.
Adopting an appropriate analysis of costs gives a clear understanding of the organisation’s cost structure in search for sustainable competitive advantage through cost reduction. It is the managerial use of cost information explicitly directed at one or more of the four stages (strategy formulation, communicating the strategy, implementing and controlling) of strategic management. Overall recognition of the cost relationships among the activities in the value chain, and the process of managing those cost relationships to the attainment of organisation’s strategic objectives are the main focal point of exploring cost analysis.
Accordingly, EuroMaTech introduces this course to provide a basic guideline to those organisations who plan to undergo cost analysis as a part of strategic analysis. It tries to facilitate the practitioners to apply a coherent link between costs, strategy, competitive advantage and performance evaluation, throughout performing a relevant and appropriate costs analysis process, said Dr. Moataz Elmassri, Senior International Finance Consultant, EuroMaTech.
Topics covered in the course includes:
- Introducing the linkages between strategy and costing
- Cost analysis and classifications
- From cost accounting to management control
- Flexible budgets and variance analysis
- Linking strategy to actions: Beyond costing
No matter what background you come from, this course will make costing, budgeting and performance measurement easily understood for every discipline across the organization.
Do you wish to join in the next run of Course Title training seminar? Explore here.
Schedule this training course for your team elsewhere? Contact our team and we are happy to assist you
in our 24/7 hotline: +971 4 457 1800
EuroMaTech is a leading training & management consultancy offering
training solutions that focus on enabling clients to improve their skills and
potential, to progressively achieve organisational outcomes. With a high
emphasis on quality, we support our clients’ training needs across a wide
range of industries to meet industry best practices and create value
addition. Our program categories include topics on: Administration
Finance & Budgeting, Customer &
Public Relations, HR
Process Engineering, Projects, Contracts &
Masterclass. With headquarters in Liverpool, UK and offices in Dubai and
Abu Dhabi, EuroMaTech deliver courses in worldwide venues including
Training Courses in Abu Dhabi , Training
in Amsterdam , Training
Courses in Bali ,
Training Courses in Bangkok , Training Courses
Training Courses in Brighton,
Training Courses in Brussels, Training Courses
in Berlin , Training Courses in Chicago ,
Training Courses in Colombo ,
Training Courses in Copenhagen , Training
Courses in Dubai , Training
Courses in Geneva , Training Courses in Georgia , Training Courses in
Jeddah , Training Courses in
Kuala Lumpur , Training Courses in London ,
Training Courses in Marrakech , Training
Muscat , Training Courses in Los
Angeles , Training
Courses in Orlando , Training Courses in Riyadh , Training Courses in Singapore , Training
Courses in St. Petersburg , Training
Courses in Sydney , Training Courses in Vancouver ,
Training Courses in Vienna , Training Courses
in Washington , and Training Courses in Zurich.
Join us on LinkedIn, Facebook , Twitter , Google+, YouTube & Instagram and make a professional presence online.