- Marketing Communications and Brand Management 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Financial Management for Projects & Contracts 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Organisation and Relationship Systems in the Workplace 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Risk Assessment within Production Operations 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Fitness for Service Assessment of Pressure Vessels, Tanks and Piping Systems Using API 579-1 and ASME FFS Standards 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Documents and Records Management Compliance 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Construction & Civil Engineering Fundamentals for Non-Civil Engineers 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Oil Movement, Storage and Troubleshooting 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Advanced Risk and Incident Analysis 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Reservoir Management and Monitoring 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- The Practical Leader: Developing and Leading High Performing Teams 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Mastering Business Data Collection, Analysis and Presentation 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- Advanced Negotiation Skills & Deal Making Strategies 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- Leadership & Crisis Management in Emergency Situations 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- LV, MV and HV Circuit Breakers 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Training Material and eLearning Design and Development 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Organization of Quality Control for Geological Exploration QA/QC 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Boilers: Operation, Maintenance, Inspection, Control and Troubleshooting 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Mastering and Managing Professional Communications 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Gas Processing 26 - 30 Sep 2021
Risk ‘of what?’, ‘to what?’, ‘from what?’
May 16, 2019
“The truth is, is it not, that we can’t satisfy our increasingly sophisticated requirements and meet all the growing appetites of our consumer society and still hope to retain the green and pleasant fields of English rural society in undisturbed peace and security. Task Risk Assessment
Is it not so that as in every discipline we break through barriers of knowledge and technology, we do by these very advances, which are to enrich life we make life yet more precarious. Just one slip and the abyss…………..” Flixborough memorial
To achieve freedom from danger (Safety), a sound system of hazard evaluation has to be in place. The very core of Health and Safety is Risk Assessment – without assessments, we fall back into the fix-it-after-the-incident-has-occurred, playing the game of catch up. Assessments guide us in knowing what to do and not do. Unfortunately there are far too many inadequate Risk Assessments that have the end result of allowing incidents to occur.
The most common pitfalls of these assessments are the inability to clarify three key points:
- ‘Of What?’ is the Risk? What would be the result of the incident? What harm may result?
- ‘To What?’ is the Risk or what harm may occur? Is it individual harm of collective (societal) harm?
- ‘From What?’ may the incident happen? This identifies the source of the hazard or hazards
A number of issues may negate the success of risk assessments. This may occur when the Risk Assessment is used to justify a decision already made which is really putting the cart before the horse. Assessment may only concentrate on one individual and not take into account the societal or group view. In-House assessments often fail by ignoring the necessity of site specific assessments and applying generic assessment when a site specific one is needed.
Task Risk Assessment is best conducted by using a team of persons that are competent and knowledgeable of the process or task. An often forgotten issue is not following generally accepted good practice or not following the recommendations of the assessment.
EuroMaTech’s training course on Task Risk Assessments analyses all these issues and much more. Delegates attending will take away invaluable knowledge that can and should be used in their own organizations’.
Please contact us @ Tel.: +971-4-4571800, or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EuroMaTech is a leading training & management consultancy offering
training solutions that focus on enabling clients to improve their skills and
potential, to progressively achieve organisational outcomes. With a high
emphasis on quality, we support our clients’ training needs across a wide
range of industries to meet industry best practices and create value
addition. Our program categories include topics on: Administration
Finance & Budgeting, Customer &
Public Relations, HR
Process Engineering, Projects, Contracts &
Masterclass. With headquarters in Liverpool, UK and offices in Dubai and
Abu Dhabi, EuroMaTech deliver courses in worldwide venues including
Training Courses in Abu Dhabi , Training
in Amsterdam , Training
Courses in Bali ,
Training Courses in Bangkok , Training Courses
Training Courses in Brighton,
Training Courses in Brussels, Training Courses
in Berlin , Training Courses in Chicago ,
Training Courses in Colombo ,
Training Courses in Copenhagen , Training
Courses in Dubai , Training
Courses in Geneva , Training Courses in Georgia , Training Courses in
Jeddah , Training Courses in
Kuala Lumpur , Training Courses in London ,
Training Courses in Marrakech , Training
Muscat , Training Courses in Los
Angeles , Training
Courses in Orlando , Training Courses in Riyadh , Training Courses in Singapore , Training
Courses in St. Petersburg , Training
Courses in Sydney , Training Courses in Vancouver ,
Training Courses in Vienna , Training Courses
in Washington , and Training Courses in Zurich.
Join us on LinkedIn, Facebook , Twitter , Google+, YouTube & Instagram and make a professional presence online.