- Financial Management for Projects & Contracts 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Organisation and Relationship Systems in the Workplace 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Risk Assessment within Production Operations 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Fitness for Service Assessment of Pressure Vessels, Tanks and Piping Systems Using API 579-1 and ASME FFS Standards 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Documents and Records Management Compliance 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Construction & Civil Engineering Fundamentals for Non-Civil Engineers 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Oil Movement, Storage and Troubleshooting 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Advanced Risk and Incident Analysis 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Reservoir Management and Monitoring 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- The Practical Leader: Developing and Leading High Performing Teams 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Marketing Communications and Brand Management 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Mastering Business Data Collection, Analysis and Presentation 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- Advanced Negotiation Skills & Deal Making Strategies 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- Leadership & Crisis Management in Emergency Situations 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- LV, MV and HV Circuit Breakers 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Training Material and eLearning Design and Development 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Organization of Quality Control for Geological Exploration QA/QC 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Boilers: Operation, Maintenance, Inspection, Control and Troubleshooting 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Mastering and Managing Professional Communications 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Gas Processing 26 - 30 Sep 2021
If you can’t explain it
March 21, 2019
Albert Einstein said, “If you can’t explain it, simply you don’t understand it well enough”.
All high hazard plants – refineries, chemical plants, offshore rigs, storage depots etc. – do require personnel with sufficient knowledge to be able to contribute positively in delivering a safe workplace. There are far too many incidents taking place that result in loss of life and millions of dollars in damages.
With a little imagination, anyone can see what can go wrong in the process industry. This could be a loss of life, a fire, explosion or toxic release to name just a few. The problem is to know what should be done, when it should be done and what should be in place to prevent such events.
A competent and knowledgeable leader is required who has the ability to question systems and work practices. The inherent hazards of hydrocarbons, the safe storage of hydrocarbons, standard operating procedures are all areas where there is the necessity of questioning the validity and completeness of the management systems based on industry good practice. To ask the correct questions a clear understanding is needed of what process safety is all about. The manager or team leader has to be aware of how process risks are evaluated and what needs to be done should an incident occur. Correct use of the facts, the analysis of the facts and the synthesis of the information to make a new whole is an ultimate objective.
Commonly found in Process Incidents are Technical, Organisational and Leadership issues.
EuroMaTech offers a 5-day training course in Process Safety Management which lays the foundations for perfecting process safety management. The key topics covered are:
- Process safety leadership
- Management of change
- Management of process risk
- Process safety hazard control
- Fire and explosion protection
NEBOSH is the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health is a UK-based independent examination board delivering vocational qualifications in health, safety & environmental practice and management.
Please click here to review the published outline for the “NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management” training course and seminar. Need further information or would you like to register on this training seminar?
Please contact us @ Tel.: +971-4-4571800, or E-mail to: email@example.com
EuroMaTech is a leading training & management consultancy offering
training solutions that focus on enabling clients to improve their skills and
potential, to progressively achieve organisational outcomes. With a high
emphasis on quality, we support our clients’ training needs across a wide
range of industries to meet industry best practices and create value
addition. Our program categories include topics on: Administration
Finance & Budgeting, Customer &
Public Relations, HR
Process Engineering, Projects, Contracts &
Masterclass. With headquarters in Liverpool, UK and offices in Dubai and
Abu Dhabi, EuroMaTech deliver courses in worldwide venues including
Training Courses in Abu Dhabi , Training
in Amsterdam , Training
Courses in Bali ,
Training Courses in Bangkok , Training Courses
Training Courses in Brighton,
Training Courses in Brussels, Training Courses
in Berlin , Training Courses in Chicago ,
Training Courses in Colombo ,
Training Courses in Copenhagen , Training
Courses in Dubai , Training
Courses in Geneva , Training Courses in Georgia , Training Courses in
Jeddah , Training Courses in
Kuala Lumpur , Training Courses in London ,
Training Courses in Marrakech , Training
Muscat , Training Courses in Los
Angeles , Training
Courses in Orlando , Training Courses in Riyadh , Training Courses in Singapore , Training
Courses in St. Petersburg , Training
Courses in Sydney , Training Courses in Vancouver ,
Training Courses in Vienna , Training Courses
in Washington , and Training Courses in Zurich.
Join us on LinkedIn, Facebook , Twitter , Google+, YouTube & Instagram and make a professional presence online.