- Marketing Communications and Brand Management 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Financial Management for Projects & Contracts 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Organisation and Relationship Systems in the Workplace 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Risk Assessment within Production Operations 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Fitness for Service Assessment of Pressure Vessels, Tanks and Piping Systems Using API 579-1 and ASME FFS Standards 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Documents and Records Management Compliance 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Construction & Civil Engineering Fundamentals for Non-Civil Engineers 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Oil Movement, Storage and Troubleshooting 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Advanced Risk and Incident Analysis 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Reservoir Management and Monitoring 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- The Practical Leader: Developing and Leading High Performing Teams 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Mastering Business Data Collection, Analysis and Presentation 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- Advanced Negotiation Skills & Deal Making Strategies 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- Leadership & Crisis Management in Emergency Situations 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- LV, MV and HV Circuit Breakers 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Training Material and eLearning Design and Development 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Organization of Quality Control for Geological Exploration QA/QC 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Boilers: Operation, Maintenance, Inspection, Control and Troubleshooting 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Mastering and Managing Professional Communications 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Gas Processing 26 - 30 Sep 2021
Decision Making Effectiveness
December 8, 2019
Decision making is one of the important keys in organizations and a basic task that carries big responsibility in achieving appropriate and suitable management. Juniors and Seniors these days are the ones facing complex responsibilities. Faulty strategic and operational decisions can and do seriously impair organizations’ competitiveness. An understanding of decision-making processes is therefore vital if managers are to go some way towards improving them through understanding how to improve the behaviours of participants themselves.
In today’s world middle and senior level managers are faced with increasingly complex responsibilities. In order to meet this challenge, they must be continually sharpening their management skills to reach an effective decision-making choice.
Historically, decision style has been referred to alternately as “cognitive style”, “psychological type” or “problem solving style”. All of these concepts deal with the way individuals process and evaluate information related to decision making and provide the framework that is necessary for understanding the concept of decision style.
Until the recent emergence of decision-making as an integral part of management theory, decision-making had primarily been treated in the traditional literature under the planning function. Management in the 1950s was oriented toward human relations and leadership theories, rather more than toward decision-making theories. The effective practice of the core functions of management (planning, organizing, directing, and controlling) requires making right and appropriate decisions in the proper timeframe by proper participants. Decision-making and participation decision making (PDM) particularly is the essence of management; therefore, it is the subject most frequently discussed in the organizational and administrative literature.
In order to have effective decisions, it is essential to understand the effect of participation and the associated participation modes of the participants’ behaviour. Some behaviour of participants can be recognized, such as comments (voice) or totally passive (silence). The passive mode of participation happens when the employee does not raise his/her voice about their concerns or problems in the organization.
The decision making is an important aspect of the managerial function that is becoming more difficult due to the evolving technology. The reason why individuals carries different approach in decision making, to understand why various managers approach the decision-making process differently. One area that is related to how managers perceive and process the information that is associated with decision making is that of decision style.
So, what is Decision-making? In the simplest meaning, decision making is a selection between a set of alternatives. This is a mental process in which logical thinking procedures are employed, which briefly means the existence of target to be reach or a problem to be solved with availability of some information about the problem.
The decision-making process must not be tolerated by your own but involving the parties so that it can lead into a well-balanced interest. Moral reasoning is important for every manager, as it impacts the decision style and increases it’s effectivity.
EuroMaTech is a leading training & management consultancy offering
training solutions that focus on enabling clients to improve their skills and
potential, to progressively achieve organisational outcomes. With a high
emphasis on quality, we support our clients’ training needs across a wide
range of industries to meet industry best practices and create value
addition. Our program categories include topics on: Administration
Finance & Budgeting, Customer &
Public Relations, HR
Process Engineering, Projects, Contracts &
Masterclass. With headquarters in Liverpool, UK and offices in Dubai and
Abu Dhabi, EuroMaTech deliver courses in worldwide venues including
Training Courses in Abu Dhabi , Training
in Amsterdam , Training
Courses in Bali ,
Training Courses in Bangkok , Training Courses
Training Courses in Brighton,
Training Courses in Brussels, Training Courses
in Berlin , Training Courses in Chicago ,
Training Courses in Colombo ,
Training Courses in Copenhagen , Training
Courses in Dubai , Training
Courses in Geneva , Training Courses in Georgia , Training Courses in
Jeddah , Training Courses in
Kuala Lumpur , Training Courses in London ,
Training Courses in Marrakech , Training
Muscat , Training Courses in Los
Angeles , Training
Courses in Orlando , Training Courses in Riyadh , Training Courses in Singapore , Training
Courses in St. Petersburg , Training
Courses in Sydney , Training Courses in Vancouver ,
Training Courses in Vienna , Training Courses
in Washington , and Training Courses in Zurich.
Join us on LinkedIn, Facebook , Twitter , Google+, YouTube & Instagram and make a professional presence online.